• Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    move it to wherever you want it to reside and then

regsvr32 "dscalerfiltername"

from the command line.

I'm sorry.... :confused: I'm still at a loss. I haven't used a command line since around 1990. :oops:
    I'm pretty much spoiled with auto-installers.:D

Chuck

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi diehard2 - thanks for the post (interestingly I've been using 5.0.0.8 and I don't think it's as good quality as the one that was bundled with MP - I'll try 5.0.0.6

Hey 2BitSculptor - I suspect you're trying Dscaler 4 builds - if you download from dscaler 5 0.0.8 you'll see it in MP. SourceForge.net: Files

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    WOW!!!!

Diehard2 - you rock!!! Thanks so much for letting me know that the version used previously was 5.0.0.6 - the difference between 5.0.0.8 and 5.0.0.6 in my system is HUGE - 5.0.0.6 is significantly better on my set up than any other codec I've tried (MPV, PowerDVD, ffdshow).

woohoo!

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    you may want to post this over at the dscaler forums so john knows there are issues with the latest versions

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    I will - I plan to spend some time checking if it's anything to do with my setup but there seems to be a noteable difference :)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    when I select the MPV the aspect-ratio isn't correct on a 16:9 screen and I have not seen any setting for this.

Same here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I'm trying to add some photos but can't seem to get them attached? Any clues what I might be doing wrong? So after some more testing with the decoders they all seem to still stutter on startup intermittently and some have pixelation issues as well. Probably the most stable is the D3D11. In another thread I found that by pressing...
    I'm trying to add some photos but can't seem to get them attached? Any clues what I might be doing wrong? So after some more...
    I have just updated my mobo and installed Win 10. I then imported all my old settings that were working ok on my old Win 7 system...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom