Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Chuck,
    I just added my 2 cents because of this:
    But with the internal MPV it is not possible to use a 16:9 screen!
    ofc its possible.

in MPV, my screens ALL want to fit a 16:9... it's 4:3 aspect I have a problem with. Stretch is the only way to get a 4:3 SD frame to fit, but it screws up a 4:3 in a 16:9 aspect if I switch to such a channel. With other codecs I get correct aspect and just need ZOOM and NORMAL to cycle thru. The local broadcasters seem to mix and match as they choose around here, there is no standard format. so... I just don't use MPV.

DScaler, FFDshow and Cyberlink video codecs all work for me for correct aspect display... and all of them (MPV included) give me various issues with my ATSC video streams from my HDHomeRun... so far I haven't found the Holy Grail of codecs.

Chuck

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    try nvidia if you can get your hands on it. Its one of the best

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    nope. It uses the directx/show interfaces. You may get slightly better PQ with an NVIDIA card if you have the latest version (purevideo subpixel stuff), but the underlying technology is MS based. So, as long as ATI implemented it correctly in the version of the drivers you're using, it will work. You will almost always get a better picture with a DXVA enabled MPEG2 decoder, which DScaler and MPV are not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

You may be correct about never solving it but hey where is the fun in just giving up :) I'm sure I can do what you are saying if the need arises (y) I also use a combination of Harmony One remote, FLIRC and Eventghost to do automated startup and other script based commands. I initiate from the remote stuff like run xxcopy command to...
    You may be correct about never solving it but hey where is the fun in just giving up :) I'm sure I can do what you are saying if...
    I have just updated my mobo and installed Win 10. I then imported all my old settings that were working ok on my old Win 7 system...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom