Ongoing Whole house technology solution (1 Viewer)

fujistick

Portal Member
January 18, 2008
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
G’day,

I’m about to overhaul my current setup and thought I’d write about it in case anyone was interested.

Existing setup & equipment

Lounge room:
  • 52” Samsung LCD
  • 5.1 pioneer receiver
  • HTPC
    • Runs MP frontend and TV Server, occasionally used for games
    • Vista Home Premium 32-bit
    • 2 x TV dual tuner cards
    • 1TB drive for OS and TV recordings
    • 4GB RAM
    • Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz CPU (E8400)
    • ATI Radeon HD 4870 graphics card
    • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card
    • BluRay drive
    • Runs 24x7
  • Logitech Harmony One remote – controls all the above

Other room(s):
  • File server
    • Pentium D 820 CPU
    • I think it has around 1GB RAM (maybe 2GB), would have to open up and check
    • 5 x 320GB HDD’s in software RAID 5, effectively around 1.2TB of disk space.
    • Stores all other data, music, movies, etc other then the TV recordings on the HTPC.
    • No monitor, keyboard, etc
    • Runs 24x7
    • Runs some version of Ubuntu linux – to be honest, I may have forgotten the root password. This box has been rock solid, so I never needed to get in there and do anything. Only ever got repowered when the power went out and when I moved house.
    • When turning it on after I moved house I discovered that one of the fans in the power supply doesn’t work anymore, so it does run quite hot now – no idea how long it has been running like this for.
  • Laptop
  • Network infrastructure and devices
    • ADSL 2+ router
      • 100Mbit wired network between router, server & HTPC (currently I’ve just got patch cables just lying on the floor)
      • 54Mbit wireless from router for laptop
    • I have 2 x routers and both seem to have issues:
      • On one of them, the wireless seems to stop working regularly, (wired network continues just fine) and requires a repower to get working again. This usually happens when it’s under a bit of load, i.e. downloading something large at full speed.
      • The other one is more stable, however, tends to reset itself (more frequently under load). The biggest issue is that it forgets what IP addresses it has dished out via DHCP, thus I get IP conflicts on the network.
      • Since moving to the new house, I have tried “splitting the load” between the two devices. i.e.
        • Once acts as an ADSL 2+ router with wireless turned off.
        • The other has the router bit turned off and just acts as a wireless access point (WAP).
        • This seems to be working better, but is not perfect.
    • VoIP ATA on wired network

Goals for new setup

I’ve just recently bought a house (previously rented) so have an opportunity to run cables through the house and/or make modifications as required. Also, I’m running out of disk space on the file server, so I’ve decided now is a good time for an overhaul, and to setup a base framework for all the technology (current and future) for my new house.

I’m interested in technology used for practical purposes, thus I’ve wanted to tinker with some smart home/home automation stuff for a while now, but for various reasons, haven’t had a chance.

Ideally, I’d like the following:

• Setup a base to build upon for some smart home/home automation stuff
    • This may include some “smart” wiring.
    • Flexibility to tinker and/or gradually add home automation stuff in the future
      • This may include a mixture of unknown/unspecified hardware, OS platforms and/or software (including software developed myself)
      • Tie in MediaPortal for media distribution
        • As a software developer I can see the potential that MP2 has. Thus, I want to try and design the setup for MP 2 (as much as is possible with the current stage of development) to ease the transition from MP1 when the time comes
  • Reduce power consumption (if possible)
    • Introduce power management to either turn off or at least put to sleep a PC when not in use.
  • Increase disk space for downloads, media, TV recordings, etc
  • Possibly get some sort of backup of important data happening – currently I have none.
  • All done with the minimum of costs
    • Not a primary concern, but a factor none the less.

With the above, there are a few conflicting issues:
  • Home automation requires solid reliability which typically means running in environments that don’t change much.
  • Media and software such as MP tends to run in environments that evolve and change much more frequently.

My Solution

My solution, virtualisation. At first I didn’t think it could be done, but after having done a bit (A LOT!) of research, I’m convinced that it should all work. Here’s what’s changed:

Build new VM Server:

• Will run VMWare ESXi 4.0 (which is free)
  • This is a “bare metal” hyper visor. This basically means;
    • There is no “host” OS, which cuts out a few layers of software and increases performance, (unlike VMWare Workstation or similar which runs on a host OS like Windows). ESXi effectively is the OS. But more importantly, it allows;
    • PCI device pass-though via VMDirectPath
      • This is the magic that allows I/O to a PCI device (or PCIe device, etc, like a TV tuner card) to be forwarded to a specific virtual machine, effectively giving the VM direct access to the hardware without any software emulation layers.
      • ESXi does not need any drivers for the device; this is all handled by the VM’s OS.
      • To make this work, you need chipset support and motherboard bios support for “Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)”. NOTE: this is different to the “Virtualisation Technology” option in the bios for the CPU.
      • Up to 2 PCI devices can be passed though to a single VM – I will be passing the 2 x tuner cards (removed from the HTPC) though to a VM with MP TVService on it.
  • ESX is completely remotely managed, thus has no need for a monitor, keyboard, etc.
  • Host a large amount of disk space.
    • 2 x 1TB HDD in RAID1 mirror, effectively 1TB of disk space.
      • One of these drives will be taken from the current HTPC; another identical drive will be purchased.
      • This will be used for hosting the virtual machine images.
    • 4 x 2TB HDD in RAID5, effectively 6TB of disk space.
      • This disk space will be allocated to a file server VM.
      • It will be used for storage of all data, music, movies, and TV recordings.
        • Between the TV recordings on the current HTPC and everything else on the file server, I’m already using around 2TB, so this should triple the space.
      • Data on the current file server will be moved to here.
    • Both RAIDs will be on a single 8-port Adaptec 3805 RAID card
  • Have 2 physical network ports:
    • ESXi can be setup with virtual networks with virtual switches etc.
    • One physical port will be for my internal network
    • The other will be forwarded to the firewall VM and will have the ADSL router/modem on it only.
    • See Firewall VM for details
  • Virtual Machines:
    • MP Server/TV Service
      • Not sure if licences can be transferred like this, but the 32-bit Vista licence on the current HTPC will be used here anyway.
      • This VM will have the 2 x PCIe TV tuner cards mapped to it.
    • File server
      • 64-bit OS of some kind to support the large disk space
        • Possibly Win 2008 server or linux.
    • Firewall
      • Probably one of those free linux based ones, e.g. SmoothWall. Any suggestions?
      • This VM will be setup with 2 virtual NICs, one mapped to the internal network, the other mapped to the physical NIC with the ADSL router.
      • If possible, the ADSL router will have its routing capabilities (and wireless) turned off, so effectively it will be just a modem.
      • All routing and DHCP, etc will be done by this VM.
      • Hopefully this will help with the stability issues under load.
    • Possible VM required to host network boot images
      • HTPC will network boot from an image here
      • Need to do a bit more research on how this will work
    • Other VMs
      • Unknown future VMs, possibly for home automation stuff.
      • The above VMs are how I see it laid out now, but may evolve over time
  • Hardware:
    • Intel BLKDX58SO motherboard
      • It was very difficult to find a motherboard with support for VT-d in the BIOS (this is not something that is usually documented), especially one with a working implementation of it.
      • Even harder was finding one that has enough PCIe slots!
    • Intel Core i7 920 CPU
      • Intel Virtualisation Technology capability is required, but most CPUs support that these days.
    • 6G(3x2G) DDR3 RAM
    • Cheap graphics card – Asus EAH4350 512M PCIE
      • The most advanced graphics this will see is the BIOS. ESXi install is text based and once installed is completely remotely managed (other than some basic management network settings, again only text based menus)
      • Onboard graphics would be perfect (so it doesn't waste a valuable PCIe slot) but that doesn't seem possible. Anyone know of a cheap graphics card with lower power consumption than this one?
    • Adaptec ASAR3805Kit SATA/SAS RAID card
      • This is a hardware RAID card. ESXi does not support "fake" RAID or software RAIDs.
    • 2 x Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA II Server edition(ST31000340NS) HDD
      • One is existing in the HTPC, the other will be purchased
    • 4 x Western Digital 2TB SATA II HDD Green Power
    • Coolermaster Centurion RC-590-KKN1 590 Case Black
      • 8 x iCute SATAII Hot Swap Mobile Rack – not exactly required, but they each have an LED which can be plugged in the RAID card to see each drives activity, identify faults, etc
    • Antec ATX EarthWatts 650W power supply
    • 2 x Hauppauge HVR-2200 Hybrid Dual Tuner Card – from existing HTPC

Existing HTPC front end:

• Current HTPC will still be used as a HTPC with the following changes
  • The 2 x PCIe tv tuner cards will be moved to the VM server to be mapped to the TVServer VM.
  • The 1TB HDD will be removed and used in the RAID1 mirror of the VM server to hold the images for the VMs (which will ultimately hold the hard drive image for this HTPC)
  • Network boot from one of the VMs
    • need to research this a bit more for how exactly this will be done
    • I don't see any bottlenecks here as gigabit network speeds are faster than the single 1TB drive in the HTPC currently
  • When not in use, it can be powered down, or at least put to sleep to reduce power consumption – from what I've read, this graphics card is not exactly very power efficient.
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - assuming there are 64-bit sound/graphics drivers that work, are there any issues with games, etc by going 64-bit?

Network infrastructure, cabling and devices:

• Expanding on what I’ve already done:
    • One of the ADSL routers will have its wireless and routing capabilities turned off, effectively making it just an ADSL2+ modem – this will be mapped to the firewall VM.
    • The other will have its modem & router turned off, effectively making it just a wireless access point (WAP).
    • The firewall VM will perform all the routing and DHCP, etc so hopefully things will be a bit more reliable.
    • Splitting this over multiple devices will no doubt increase power consumption, but I’ll take that over unreliability
  • New gigabit switch
  • Existing VoIP ATA
  • "Smart" wiring
    • Everything will be cabled back to a central place, this allows things to be easily "patched" from anywhere to anything in the future.
    • Given that all the media distribution (TV, music, movies, etc), VoIP, etc is all over TCP/IP or can run on CAT6 cabling, I think that will be the bulk of what I put in
    • CAT6 cabling will be added where and as required
    • Speaker cabling to the receiver
    • Phones can patched from the VoIP ATA over the CAT6 cabling so no extra requirements there.
    • If any other cabling is required for home automation in the future, this can be added later - the house is an old Queenslander which allows very easy access to retrofit stuff and run cables under the floor/house
  • I'm considering moving the HTPC & receiver out of the lounge room in together with the VM server and patch panel
    • This would just require running a longer HDMI extension cable from HTPC back to the TV, as well as USB (probably with USB hub in lounge room) for assorted devices like wireless keyboard, IR receiver, etc.
    • Not sure about IR getting back to receiver though – would have to investigate a bit more on that.
    • In the future I may want to control the TV, receiver, etc remotely for home automation, so may need a more sophisticated IR control solution anyway.

Backups:

• Old file server will serve as a backup server of important data
  • Will probably locate it in a different room, or under the house, or maybe even in the shed
  • Possibly using WiFi to this box (rather than wired network) may isolate it from the (admittedly small) risk of a power surge or spike down the network cables.
  • Investigate the use of Wake-on-LAN (WOL) to only power on when required, thus reducing the power used by this extra machine

Pros/Cons to Solution

• Pros:
    • Hopefully reduced power consumption
    • Better utilization of resources (i.e. CPU, RAM, disk, etc)
    • Allows me to very quickly backup and test changes to any system with very little risk
      • i.e. VM's can be duplicated/cloned, etc, likewise, the net boot image for the HTPC can be copied and restored quickly
      • e.g. This means with the relevant backups, a MP test build or plugin or driver or whatever, can be installed (to any of the VM's or net boot HTPC) without fear of it destroying the setup. If things go bad (registry destroyed, OS won't boot, etc), it's a very simple matter of stopping that VM and firing up the original, or copying the original net boot image back.
      • Pretty much the only thing shared between the clones would be the mass storage of data, media, TV recordings, etc.
    • The VM server also allows me to temporarily (or permanently) fire up a new environment with any OS very quickly without any extra hardware
  • Cons:
    • Added cost
      • The X58 platform is expensive (CPU, RAM, motherboard)
      • Hardware RAID card – ESXi does not support “fake” or software RAID or cards
    • Overkill on specs
      • Again, additional cost
      • I read somewhere, however, that i7 CPUs claim to be more power efficient then some other CPUs, particularly under idle load. However, I couldn’t find much info comparing various processors/platforms power consumption under various loads, i.e. idle, full load, etc.
    • Limited hardware compatibility for ESXi

Well this post is a lot longer then I was expecting and probably includes a lot of irrelevant stuff. I wonder if anyone is still reading. Anyway, if I've overlooked anything, or you know why something won't work, or just feel like commenting, please do.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Interesting project... I'm also kind of already implemented much of this, except for your future "home automation"...

So I have just one comment on how you can reduce the number of boxes even more by running the TV server/frontend on the same hardware... My objective with my setup was to keep the number of hardware running 24x7 to a minimum. And I also had the chance to build my own house, so I put CAt6 cabling to all my rooms.
Also I had a vision to keep my server/frontend in a separate room but still have it attached to my TV in the living room. In order to achieve this I looked to HDMI/SPDIF/USB extenders from Gefen. Their extenders are pricey but comparing to have a separate frontend PC with silent parts, power consumption and also the possibility to use "normal" components in the server/frontend instead of silent components (cheaper) it wasn't that big difference.

There is also another big advantage: it is completely invisible in the living room..

A disadvantage is that you can't run ESXi because you need DirectX support (I don't think that is implemented yet in ESXi?).

Also when running multiple clients, be sure to use a good NIC on the server (preferably a server card), and also invest in a good switch (I can recommend LinkSys SLM2008).

A quick view of my setup:

• Server/Frontend Hardware
    -HP Tower Box, AMD Athlon X2 2200+ (I Think)
    -4 Gb RAM
    -HD 300 Gb (System+recordings)
    -HD 640 Gb (timeshift+movies+pictures etc)
    -Sapphire ATI HD2600
    -FireDTV DVB-T
    -Philips SAA7134 DVB-T
    -Intel PCI Dual-Port Server NIC (100 Mbit) Trunk (200Mbit) using VLANs
    -Soundblaster card of some type (just use it for audio passthru SPDIF)
    -Gefen HDMI extender connected to GFX card and extended via 2xCat6 to my living room
    -Gefen SPDIF extender connected to Soundblaster and extended via 1xCat6 to my living room
    -Gefen USB extender connected to USB (used for mce receiver) and extended via 1xCat6 to my living room
  • Server/Frontend Software
    -W2K8 Server 32bit (32 bit because of driver support)
    -AD/DHCP/DNS server
    -Vmware server 2.0 (running 1 VM, which is my web server used for other purposes)
    -MP/TVE 1.0 SVN 22029 (the most stable SVN for my use anyway)
    -MP Web server (BIG-KEVs sw)
  • Network
    -The w2k8 server is my router (2 VLans, 1 for internet from my provider, 1 internal Vlan)
    -Using No-ip services for dynamic DNS (have my own domain).
    -Linksys SLM2008 (excellent switch)
    -old Dlink AP (I'm in the process of changing that to a DIR-655)
  • Client bedroom
    -Packard Bell Imax Mini (ION based) HDMI
  • Client childrens room
    -Old HP business line PC with GFX S-video

fujistick

Portal Member
January 18, 2008
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi pnyberg,

I had considered running everything on the one machine using ESXi. I don't think DirectX support would be a problem; with the magic of PCI pass-through, one could map a physical graphics card and sound card to the frontend client VM, thus it would almost appear like a separate machine, but with the benefits of ESXi. USB might be a little trickier (I'm not sure why, but only up to 2 PCI devices can be mapped to a single VM), however I'm pretty sure you can get USB ports you can connect to over a network, which should solve that problem and be fine for low bandwidth things like a IR receiver, etc.

However, (and this is the real show stopper), I don't have enough PCIe slots on the servers motherboard to do this. Already used are: wasted slot for useless graphics card (I don't think this one can be mapped to a VM as ESXi is using it to show a text screen on how to connect to it remotely), 2 x tv tuner cards, raid card, network card(s).

With the frontend running on a separate PC, at least the power hungry gaming graphics card (and PC itself) will only be awake and running when in use, thus is still a better situation power consumption wise then what I have now with everything turned on all the time.

Another benefit is the damage is limited when mates come over, get drunk, and decide that running executable attachments from spam email on the big screen, is a good idea. Blowing that image away and restoring a recent backup should be pretty quick. With a single server/frontend, the frontend OS is effectively the "host" OS, which would mean all the VM's might go down if something went wrong with it.

Also, I forgot to add the NICs to the server specs in my original post. Most onboard NICs aren't supported by ESXi out of the box, so i bought an Intel Pro 1000 CT NIC to test to see if my current HTPC Asus P5Q-Pro motherboard had VT-d support. It doesn't. If the onboard NIC doesn't work on the new server with ESXi, I'll probably buy an Intel dual-port gigabit NIC, which I think only comes in server versions, and use the intel test NIC I bought in the HTPC instead of the onboard realtek one.

vk3heg

Portal Member
April 3, 2008
Ballarat
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi pnyberg,

I had considered running everything on the one machine using ESXi. I don't think DirectX support would be a problem; with the magic of PCI pass-through, one could map a physical graphics card and sound card to the frontend client VM, thus it would almost appear like a separate machine, but with the benefits of ESXi. USB might be a little trickier (I'm not sure why, but only up to 2 PCI devices can be mapped to a single VM), however I'm pretty sure you can get USB ports you can connect to over a network, which should solve that problem and be fine for low bandwidth things like a IR receiver, etc.
[...]

I setup a ESXi server here and did some tests.

Mb: Intel DQ45CB with latest bios
CPU: Intel core2duo 2.6ghz
Ram: 4gig (2x2)
TV Card(s): Divco Dual digital 4 rev 2, Hauppauge HVR2200

Made sure pass thrugh was turned on in bios/esxi..

The winxp pro sp3 install saw the new hardware, I installed the drivers. Yet the devices wouldn't show up in the device list.

So have you got your system going yet?

drealit

Portal Pro
March 15, 2008
I would looove to combine both of my servers (Server 2008 and unRaid) using ESXi but I don't think it's possible to do so (currently) with my unRaid server due to it booting from a USB drive. I'm not about to give up unRaid either so I've basically painted myself into a corner lol.

Sounds like a great project and would be very beneficial for you in the end. I would love to go there but just can't due to hardware limitations etc.

Edit: Although I just noticed there has been some experimentation with the idea recently - http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=18217372&postcount=3 . There was nothing last I checked back in October or so.

fujistick

Portal Member
January 18, 2008
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Ok sorry for the delay, here's the current status:

I've purchased most of the new server hardware as detailed in my first post. Hardware assembly was smooth, motherborad BIOS was configured to turn on Directed I/O (VT-d) and RAID volumes setup OK in the adaptec card's BIOS/firmware. The ESXi install was started and this is about were things started to go pear shaped...

In short, either the Adaptec 3805 raid card isn't compatible with VT-d turned on, or it's not compatible with the Intel DX58S0 motherboard and/or some other part of the hardware combination I have.

ESXi would appear to install to the RAID ok, but when booting it would get 3/4 the way through the ESXi boot and stop with an error saying it couldn't find the raid disk or there was problems with it, etc. If i turned off VT-d in the BIOS, everything would install and boot fine, however, PCI passthough would be disabled. Turn VT-d back on, same problems. I could install and boot to a USB stick with VT-d turned on, and although the raid card was visible, it threw errors when you tried to use it.

At first I thought it was just my particular hardware combination not supported by ESXi 4 (the adaptec RAID card is on the hardware compatibility list but the motherboard, etc isn't), so I started experimenting with the Xen hyper visor (I was using the linux distro CentOS 5.4). However, I experienced essentially the same issues with VT-d turned on.

At this point I dropped everything and traveled to Canada for 5 weeks - winter olympics, snowboarding, etc :)

I'm back now and will be getting back into it shortly. Given vk3heg's experience, the first thing I'll try is to take out the raid card and just use a local disk to test if PCI passthrough actually works with a VM. I'm not sure why I didn't try this first?

Will keep you updated with my findings.

fujistick

Portal Member
January 18, 2008
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
I've had a bit of a play and had at least some partial success.

With no raid card installed, VT-d turned on in the BIOS, a PCIe Hauppauge HVR-2200 card and a single SATA drive, I installed ESXi 4 successfully. I created a test VM and installed Vista SP1. I've installed none of the usual windows updates yet, except the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 which was required for MP TVServer setup.

I configured the VMDirectPath in ESXi to enable PCI/PCIe passthrough for the tv tuner card, and assigned it to the test VM. This is where the problems started, the VM would no longer power on, logging the following event during the VMWare "BIOS": (along with some woffle about support arrangments and reporting it to the ESX team)

Code:
*** VMware ESX internal monitor error *** vcpu-0:PCIPassthru: Interrupt failed to register..

I tried disabling Interrupt Remapping in the VT-d submenu in the BIOS without luck. I tried changing slots the tv card was in, and then the card was not listed in the PCI passthrough configuration at all? I changed slots again, and SUCCESS!

The card was listed again, and when assigned to the VM, booted ok. Vista detected the new hardware and installed some built in drivers. (I haven't updated these yet)

It is displaed in windows Device Manager under "Sound, video and game controllers" as "Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 (8980)". At first the card didn't appear in MP's TVServer config app, however, after a reboot or 2, it was listed. All the channels scanned ok on both tuners.

To test, I was going to use my current HTPC as a client hooked into the VM TVServer, however, right now there is still a network issue of some sort as i can't ping my current HTPC from the VM or vice versa, despite the fact both machines got an IP from the same router and can both see the net.

The next steps are:
  • fix the network issue and test with current HTPC acting as a client.
  • work out what combination of PCI slot changes and/or BIOS VT-d configurations work, and which ones don't work:
  • - will 2 x PCIe tuner cards work?
  • - is there something wrong with my motherboard and/or some of the PCIe slots? - was this causing the RAID card issues?

The winxp pro sp3 install saw the new hardware, I installed the drivers. Yet the devices wouldn't show up in the device list.

Do you mean the tv tuner card didn't show up in Windows Device Manager, or in didn't show up in MP TVServer?

uggabugga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 21, 2007
    QXQgaG9tZSA7LSk=
    Home Country
    #fujistick
    I'm following this tread of yours with great interest. I'm in early considering stages of implementing a similar setup. I haven't purchased anything yet.
    Thank you and do keep us posted on your progress and findings :)

fujistick

Portal Member
    January 18, 2008
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, bit of an update.

The network issue I was experiencing was just Vista and the windows firewall. Apparently 2 Vista machines can't ping each other with the default Windows Firewall turned on. Turn the firewall off on the VM, and the other machine could then ping it, etc.

When the TV tuner is mapped to the VM, I can use the TV server configuration app to start and stop timeshifting, and manually start and stop a recording. I copied a recording ts file to my current HTPC and it plays fine... so basically, it works :)

My current HTPC hasn't been upgraded to MP 1.1.0 RC1 yet (which is what I installed on the VM), so installed the MP Client on my laptop and hooked it up to the VM TV Server. Playback was a bit stuttery but that could be due to any or all of; my dodgy wireless network, the unsupported Win 7 Beta installed on my laptop, or the lack of codec installation and/or configuration in MP. I'm not too worried about that just yet as the recording files themselves played back stutter free when copied to my current HTPC with proper codecs etc.

I tested a few different slots and combinations of BIOS settings, but none of them worked with the adaptec RAID card. I could not access that card directly, nor could I successfully use PCI passthru to pass it to a VM. ESXi can see the card, but when you try to create a datastore it throws errors. Likewise, when using PCI passthru, the VM correctly detected the device as an Adaptec 3805, but it didn't work after loading drivers etc.

After some googling, I can see that other people with different hardware (i.e. different motherboard and RAID controller) are having the exact the same problem/error messages as me. (e.g. VMware Communities: Head Extent Device Path? ...) The "fix" was to disable VT-d in the BIOS which effectivly disables PCI passthru - not much good for me. This indicates that it's probably not a dud motherboard or RAID card, but some other problem - possibly an issue with ESXi.

With that in mind, I've started playing with Xen (a linux hypervisor similar to ESXi) again to see if I can get the RAID card working as well as PCI passthru of the TV tuners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom