Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (1 Viewer)

Micha71

February 11, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hatte das Problem auch.
Habe einfach den HDMI Switch "marmitek conect 310" zwischen HTPC und TV gesetzt.
Nie wieder Probleme gehabt.
Funktioniert auch ohne Netzteil am Switch.

Gruß

If the problem also had.
Has simply put the HDMI Switch "marmitek conect 310" between HTPC and TV.
Never again problems had.
Also functions without net part in the Switch.

Greeting

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I have an ATI and don't have any problems turning on the TV after the HTPC using a variation on robbo's suggested fix. See my post #366 in this thread for details.

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I have an ATI and don't have any problems turning on the TV after the HTPC using a variation on robbo's suggested fix. See my post #366 in this thread for details.

I laso managed to fix this with VNC, but it only works if I have turned on the TV and then the HTPC, after that, I can shut down the TV and turn it bakc, it will be the correct resolution, but if I rutn on the HTPC first and the TV later (for example if I want to listen to music) then the TV screen stays blank. Did you have this as well and the fix you have suggested solved this?

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I laso managed to fix this with VNC, but it only works if I have turned on the TV and then the HTPC, after that, I can shut down the TV and turn it bakc, it will be the correct resolution, but if I rutn on the HTPC first and the TV later (for example if I want to listen to music) then the TV screen stays blank. Did you have this as well and the fix you have suggested solved this?
    Hi gurabli,
    Yes, I had problems similar to what you describe. After applying the fix described in my post #366, it no longer matters in which order I turn on HTPC and TV.
    Rgds, R

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I didn't read all 70? pages but this worked great. (this is only day one and see how it go later on)

thanks Mlburgoon

this regedit trick seemed to sort me out as well.

using a panasonic plasma TV on a ATI hd6000 series card with a HDMI cable :)
    so far so good.
    btw. I was also using the edid override trick, which didn't work :(

/gibman

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I have used the registry hack twice now (for all listed devices) and on both occasions it didnt work :(

I am now using the "VNC Server" bodge - massive overkill to fix such an minor/annoying issue - come on MS fix it!

J.

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I found this in the posted link-
    could be interesting for ATI users.. havent tried it myself.

Im having the same issue and it is really messing with the way I use my computer.
    Searching for a solution I found this:
    To disable monitor detection, with AMD/ATI gfx cards under Windows 7, search for DMMEnableDDCPolling registry key and set it to 0 (it is DWord). There are several places in the registry where this key is located. Change them all and reboot. Doing this will disable constant polling of the display driver to detect if user attached a monitor.

Although I didnt find that string in my registry. Maybe its different for me since I have a swedish version.
    A solution for this problem is something that Microsoft really needs to provide. It shouldn't be very hard. Im gonna call the support tomorrow and see if they can help me but thought I'd post here as well.
    My setup is a Radeon 5850 with the latest drivers with my main monitor being a HP ZR24w connected by Displayport, a BENQ connected with DVI and a Philips LCD TV connected with HDMI.
    Everything works fine unless I turn of the main monitor. Then that monitor is disabled and everything I had on it is moved to my TV and everything that I had open on my TV is moved to the BENQ.
    It all gets back to its rightful place as soon as I turn on the HP again. But, I cant use the setup the way I want to when it behaves like this.

also regarding my previous claim a few posts above .. ignore it.. as it didn't work.
    I'm off to try this one out.. if it fails, then it type to block pin 19 on the HDMI cable.

EDIT: I didnt find the registry key anywhere 'DMMEnableDDCPolling' :(
    some suggests u disable the 'AMD external events utility' service.
    obviously if u rely on ATI profile keyboard shortcuts etc, then u would probably avoid this.

/gibman

Hi there,

I have used the registry hack twice now (for all listed devices) and on both occasions it didnt work :(

I am now using the "VNC Server" bodge - massive overkill to fix such an minor/annoying issue - come on MS fix it!

J.

Don't this this is an MS issue, but a feature...However it's most indeed anoying.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...l/thread/8a9b5aa7-fe33-4e6d-b39b-8ac80a21fdc2

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yeah sucks^^
    I also tried the reg tricks.. didn't work either :(
    I'm off to try this one out.. if it fails, then it type to block pin 19 on the HDMI cable
    Didn't worked for me because the driver doesn't detect the Tv anymore and outputs on VGA... (and yes, it was the right pin an I disabled no other pin^^)

But you could try my fork :) It works pretty well for me. The issue itself isn't gone but I press F12 and everything is fine again, also I'm not loosing my timeshift buffer what is the most important^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom