Windows UpdateControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Windows UpdateControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.4

Dear community,
a new version of UpdateControl for MediaPortal v1.2.0 and higher can be found here.
With this release, you can open the appropriate knowledge base articles directly in your default browser. Skin changes are not required.

EDIT: re-upload to support new knowledge base schema.

Cheers, Micropolis

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Windows UpdateControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.4

Hello i have a quest can you support this plugin? Than i can do update in background an can see whats goin on.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Windows UpdateControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.4

Hello D3ltoroxp,

Hello i have a quest can you support this plugin? Than i can do update in background an can see whats goin on.

Some days before I'll try to make some tests with this notification bar plugin. After these experimental builds I had decide to not support the current implementation model of this plugin.
    Let my try to explain this a little bit better: To use the interface of this plugin, a programmer must include a reference to this plugin. These "hard" dependency means, that plugins, which had this reference, cannot be used anymore, until the notification bar plugin is installed also. Reflection routines can't solve this problem.
    In my opinion a user must be have the chance to install plugins without dependencies to user plugins. If GetWell (or the original plugin owner) would support other interface types, I don't see any problems to support this idea and to extend my plugins.
    During my experimentals I think about some other interface technologies, which are more simpler. I am willing to discuss my and other ideas.

Cheers, Micropolis

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Windows UpdateControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.4

ok no problem. But what you mentioned sounds like there is not too bad. I let myself be surprised and anxious wait.

I have another quest. Before your last update I could select the updates via OK Button, now when i will select an update and click OK, browse the web opens a ms site. How can I now select or deselect the updates?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Windows UpdateControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.4

Hello D3ltoroxp,

... Before your last update I could select the updates via OK Button, now when i will select an update and click OK, browse the web opens a ms site. How can I now select or deselect the updates?

Thanks for reporting this. I'll check this tomorrow, it sounds like a "self made" problem, sorry. I propose here to use a context menu instead.

New version published in download repository and first thread of this post. Thx a lot to D3ltoroxp.

Cheers, Micropolis

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Windows UpdateControl plugin v0.5.5 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Hello,

is this a skin bug or a bug from your plugin ?? I see 2 loading beam...

Attachments

• doppelt.PNG
      doppelt.PNG
      163.4 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Windows UpdateControl plugin v1.0.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Dear community,
    the final and feature-complete version of this plugin was published, I'll close the main development cycle now.
    Skin changes are not required, thanks to all contributors and skinners to achieve this milestone.

Cheers, Micropolis

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Windows UpdateControl plugin v1.0.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

I have a problem with this plugin.

I'm using MP1.2.1, UpdateControl 1.0, StreamedMP as skin and some other stuff. (see attached picture)

When I start MP. I get the BasicHome from StreamedMP but I see a searchbar (picture 1). The the bar disappear but the fanart also does (picture 2). With updatecontrol disabled or deactivated "Silent search on start" in updatecontrol everything is fine.

Pressing any key on remote brings everything back to normal.

All Logs I have are attached. Hopefully you find the problem.

I don't know, if your plugin really causes this, but your plugin is involved.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      299.6 KB
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      91.1 KB
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      89.5 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Windows UpdateControl plugin v1.0.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Hello fischy667,
    When I start MP. I get the BasicHome from StreamedMP but I see a searchbar (picture 1). The the bar disappear but the fanart also does (picture 2). With updatecontrol disabled or deactivated "Silent search on start" in updatecontrol everything is fine.

sorry to say, but I cannot reproduce this. If you have set the option "Silent search on start", this plugin opens a internet connection to Microsoft Update Database and compares your local patch level with the latest published patch level. Maybe the result of this process or the opened internet connection are timeouts for other plugins. Do you have a lot of internet traffic, if you start MediaPortal? Is your local service "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" enabled?

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom