Windows UpdateControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Windows UpdateControl plugin v1.0.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Hello fischy667,
    When I start MP. I get the BasicHome from StreamedMP but I see a searchbar (picture 1). The the bar disappear but the fanart also does (picture 2). With updatecontrol disabled or deactivated "Silent search on start" in updatecontrol everything is fine.

sorry to say, but I cannot reproduce this. If you have set the option "Silent search on start", this plugin opens a internet connection to Microsoft Update Database and compares your local patch level with the latest published patch level. Maybe the result of this process or the opened internet connection are timeouts for other plugins. Do you have a lot of internet traffic, if you start MediaPortal? Is your local service "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" enabled?

Cheers, Micropolis

No, I don't have a lot of traffic.
    Even when all plugins are disabled (except fanarthandler and updatecontrol) this is happening. So no timeouts from other plugins.
    And BITS is enabled.

:sorry:

Skar

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Windows UpdateControl plugin v1.0.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

I have the same problem Pizza Joe mentioned before. I can find all updates, but when i click install updates, i get the error message "Fehler beim installieren".

My error log is just this:
    2011-12-31 08:09:25.086236 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: HTPC Info: Speedfan Shared Memory Initialization Error. (Error Code: HTPCInfo.Core.SharedMemoryException: Error accessing shared memory area. (2)
    bei HTPCInfo.Core.SpeedfanSharedMemory..ctor()
    bei HTPCInfo.Core.SpeedfanConnector..ctor(Boolean filterZeroValues)
    bei HTPCInfo.Core.SpeedfanConnector..ctor()
    bei HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.InitConnectors(), Error accessing shared memory area. (2))
    2011-12-31 08:09:26.890339 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PluginManager: WMPlayer, Version=0.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
    2011-12-31 08:09:30.172527 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PluginManager: FanartHandler, Version=2.2.4.301, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!

I dont see any message related to the plugin....

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Windows UpdateControl plugin v1.0.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Hello Skar,

I can find all updates, but when i click install updates, i get the error message "Fehler beim installieren".

Do you have checked your administrative rights? Is UAC enabled? Do you can see anything in the Windows Event Log?

Cheers, Micropolis

Skar

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I dont use any User accounts, just the one Admin account thats created by default when you install Windows.
    UAC is enabled.
    How/Where can i see the windows event log?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello Skar,
    How/Where can i see the windows event log?

The windows event log can be found in your control panel. Open "Administrative Tools", select "Computer Managament" and click "Event Viewer".
    Please disable UAC temporarily and give me your feedback, if it works after this change.

Cheers, Micropolis

quinti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi there,

Im using the amped skin. Maybe this nice plugin supports this skin in future?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello quinti,
    Im using the amped skin. Maybe this nice plugin supports this skin in future?

Please ask Dadeo directly in his appropriate skin thread, I don't have the chance to support here.

Thanks for your understanding and cheers, Micropolis

Skar

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

The windows event log can be found in your control panel. Open "Administrative Tools", select "Computer Managament" and click "Event Viewer".
    Please disable UAC temporarily and give me your feedback, if it works after this change.

Cheers, Micropolis

Hi Micropolis,

i got a lot of work atm so i didnt have time to go into this more deeply.

When i disable the UAC it works. Also when i explicitely start MP as Admin it works.

Seems i dont understand how "being admin" works with Win7.
    How can i tell WIndows that im the Admin? I mean theres only 1 User account and it says "Administrator"...

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Skar,
    ...Seems i dont understand how "being admin" works with Win7. How can i tell WIndows that im the Admin? I mean theres only 1 User account and it says "Administrator"...

In my oinion, the best solution is to start MediaPortal with administrative rights. Right click mediaportal.exe and use the context menu entry "Run as administrator".

Cheers, Micropolis

Skar

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yea i thought so too, but if i set the hook there, MP doesnt start with windows startup. Its just ignored, no matter if i set the autostart option in MP configuration or place a link in the Autostart of windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom