WTV Organizer Plugin for Windows 7 Media Center files (1 Viewer)

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I believe I have identified and fixed the problem. It looks like the Dispose method in the WTV MetaData parser class was getting called twice, which caused the underlying DirectShow IStreamBufferRecordingAttribute object to decrement it's usage count 1 more than it should have.

Please give it a try and let me know how it works.

Thanks - TL

hurblyburbly

February 5, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Working beautifully now. Thank you very much.

I now have a complicated but functional setup where Media Center records shows, mediaportal organises them with your plugin, and then plex uses the organised tv to do its own tvdb lookups, so I can find and watch tv on my iPad.

Have some small lookup issues for some programmes but I need to understand them better before I ask for your help again!

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
Your Welcome. Note that most of the lookup issues are related to incorrect (or incomplete) metedata in the WTV file. I have run across some issues with duplicate / similar names in TheTVDB search, but not too many. Please let me know if there's anything that doesn't look right and I will have a look.

Thanks - TL

zvap

Portal Member
December 5, 2010
Home Country
I just realized this plugin existed. Personally I hate flipping back and forth between 7MC and MediaPortal. This will make my evenings much more pleasant

A couple of Questions:

1. What happens when a show is currently being recorded, and the plugin attempts to rename it?
2. Does the installer allow for alternate locations for files to be output to, after they're renamed?

Thanks again for this great utility!!!!

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
Thanks zvap. To answer your questions:

1. The plugin tries to rename it and fails, as the WTV file is in use / locked. It will then try to rename it again after the interval specified in the configuration settings - default is 30 minutes.

2. It currently does not allow renamed files to be moved outside of the recorded TV folder path - it places them in like-named TV series folders under the recorded TV folder path. This allows the files to be played back by both Windows Media Center and MediaPortal. The only exception to this is for renamed files that could not be resolved from TheTVDB database - you can move those files to a specific directory location based upon configuration settings.

Thanks - TL

Ualdayan

March 21, 2012
Home Country
If I have the unmatched folder under Recorded TV (so WMC will continue to play and delete them when space is needed) will WTV Organizer continue to try to scan it or will it recognize that it's trying to scan the folder that is in it's settings as unmatchable and skip over that subfolder? (Actually for that matter does WTV Organizer scan the subfolders at all if I set it to just the base Recorded TV path?

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
If I have the unmatched folder under Recorded TV, will WTV Organizer continue to try to scan it?

Only the specified "Recorded TV" folder(s) is scanned for WTV files - sub-folders are NOT scanned. Note that you can specify multiple folders to scan. The unmatched folder can (and probably should) reside under the recorded TV path, which allows WMC7 to still manage / play the content.

stav242

May 23, 2012
Gillingham, Dorset
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I have more than just TV series in my recorded TV folder, like films that have been recorded on TV.

WTVOrganizer has incorrectly import these, for examples `aliens 3` was imported as childrens TV series `Alien Nine`.. not so good for the kids.

is WTVOrganizer meant to organize all wtv content, eg films and `one of` programs like sports relief etc... ? it would be nice if it could notice its a film and add it to the films database instead.

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
WTVOrganizer is meant to organize recorded TV series content only, as it uses "thetvdb.com" database to resolve meta data. It was never meant for organizing movies recorded from TV. I would suggest that you move this type of content to a sub-folder under the recorded TV folder. Windows Media Center will still recognize it, MP can be configured to recognize it, but it won't be scanned by WTVO since it's in a sub-folder.

Hope it helps!

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    I've created a new Process Plugin for MP that organizes Windows 7 Media Center WTV files so that they are recognized by the MP-TVSeries Plugin scanning process. See comments below the Change Log for a more detailed description of how the plugin works. The current version of the plugin MSI installer is contained in a ZIP file, listed under the Attachments below.

Please report any bugs / feature requests to this thread.

Download Link

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/movies-videos/wtv-organizer

Download Link (pre MP 1.2.0 Beta Versions)

Link to Attached File

Change Log

2012-03-24 - Version 1.0.8.0
    - Added setup checkbox option to move unmatched WTV files to a designated folder. This prevents WTV files from being re-processed when episode information cannot be found in TheTVDB.org database. WTV files are also moved to the unmatched location if episode meta-data is not set.
    Thanks to Eric Satterfield for the suggestion.

2012-02-25 - Version 1.0.7.0
    - Added setup checkbox option to delete (or not) duplicate WTV files, which are files that already exist in the target folder. This condition can occur if an episode is re-recorded, and already exists in the target folder. If not checked, the WTV file will remain in the recorded TV folder, and will be reprocessed every time a scan for new recorded files is ran.

2012-02-11 - Version 1.0.6.0
    - Fixed a bug in the WTV MetaTag parser that was causing the Dispose method to be called twice. This was causing exceptions in the plugin assembly, which also caused MP to crash!

2012-01-21 - Version 1.0.5.0
    - Fixed a bug in the TVDB Episode Search logic. The search URL was not correctly encoded when a series name contained an apostrophe, which was causing episodes to not be found. Example Series title not found: "Harry's Law".

2011-11-30 - Version 1.0.4.0
    - Added MP v1.2.1 FINAL plugin compatibility check, which is required for the plugin to run under MP v1.2.1 FINAL.

2011-05-02 - Version 1.0.3.0
    - Converted project to .NET 3.5 Framework (reqd by MP 1.2.0 Beta).
    - Added MP v1.2.0 Beta plugin compatibility check, which is required for the plugin to run under MP v1.2.0 Beta.

2011-03-23 - Version 1.0.2.0
    - Verified Plugin works with all MP versions, starting with v1.1.0.
    - Switched installer from MPE to MSI format.
    - Removed attached file download, as download is available from main site Plugins directory.

2011-03-20 - Version 1.0.0.1
    - Initial release.

Program Description

I am recently new to MediaPortal and still use Windows7 Media Center (64-bit) for live TV watching, though I like to watch recorded TV in MediaPortal. I love the fanart and TV watching capabilities of MP-TVSeries, but quickly became irritated at the fact that it did not recognize the Win7MC WTV files. So I decided to write an MP plugin to ease my irritations.

Windows7 Media Center recorded TV folder paths are specified in the plugin configuration options. The plugin simply reads the metadata in the WTV file, does a search of TheTVDB.com database for matching series name, and renames the WTV file to "<series> - <season>x<episode> - <title>.wtv". It also moves the file into a new sub-directory with the Series name.

For example, "Chuck_2010_12_31_07_00_00.wtv" would be renamed to "Chuck - 4x7 - Chuck versus the Intersect.wtv" and moved to a sub-folder beneath the recorded TV folder path named "Chuck". Note that you can rename the .WTV files in the WMC7 Recorded TV folder to anything, as long as you keep the .WTV file extension; WMC7 still lists and plays them correctly, as it uses the metadata in the file to list the episode in the WMC7 interface.

As for TheTVDB.com processing, it searches the TheTVDB.com database for series names that "Starts With" the WTV file metadata series name. It will process all episodes of each found series until it matches on the episode name and original air date. For example, when it searches for "Castle", it finds "Castle", "Castle (2009), etc" from TVDB.com. It process all episodes of "Castle" and does not find a match, then it processes all episodes of "Castle (2009)" and finds the match based upon episode name and air date. If it can't find a match, then the .WTV file is not renamed (ie will not appear in the MP-TVSeries list) and you will need to manually rename it.

All of this assumes the following MP requirements:
    1) MP-TVSeries installed.
    2) MP configuration - add ".wtv" file extension to "Video File Extensions".

Also note that this will NOT work on Windows XP, as only WMC7 recognizes the .WTV format / extension. This might work for DVR-MS files on Vista, but I have not tested it as I don't have Vista installed anymore. It uses the DirectShow "StreamBufferRecordAttributes" interface to retrieve WTV metadata.

Cheers!
    Is there anything out there that will do the same thing for .ts (files recorded by Mediaportal) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom