XBox Media Center Support for tv Scheduling (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I wish people could read.

BTW, frodo, any idea when we might expect a 1.0 release?

A

Anonymous

frodo said:
we're on version 0.1
this is still a beta version

Oops, thats what I thought until I read all of the news posts about it today. Glad that was cleared up.

A

Anonymous

I would be interested in helping out with this feature. I sent MrMario a PM, but if someone can point me to where I can sign up or who I should contact to get involved as a developer, I would be grateful.

los93sol

Portal Member
December 17, 2004
I disagree with the statement that this would be like developing something that is going to be gone in a year. The xbox is going to be around for a long time, but anyways let me explain why this argument holds no water. The reason is this can be done through implementing UPnP support which is new technology and is becoming a standard in the way media centers communicate. This would be like adding a feature that you are going to need for the long haul so why not go ahead and put it in?

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We will NOT make any specific stuff for XBMC.
    IF it will be done I'm sure we want it to be some standard that can easily be used for other apps as well.
    As we never even thought about this functionality we can't say much about it.

But this thread is of no use, as it's about specific xbmc things which we will not do.

The thread gamestr17 made about the upnp is better.
    As that seems to be an open protocol which could look good.

If we support this, you can ask on the XBMC forums to support that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very informative and detailed responses. I will take your advice and monitor the Scheduled recordings list for the discrepancies you have described. Cheers.
    @CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very...
    I am in Australia. My problem is with recorded tv programs. Most times the program title and info are correct but quite often the...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom