xpTunes for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Really enjoying xpTunes, thanks again.

Now that I've used it for a bit a few suggestions...

Allow the user to click on the cover artwork within the gadget to open it (currently activated by the search icon).
    Allow the mouse wheel to scroll the song/album list up/down.
    Make the "Artist (Album)" selection the default or remember last selected.

The "Music Smartlist" would benefit from having user defined SQL queries. Perhaps a file could contain a list of this queries. Currently if I play 100 random songs I can go from banging techno to Christmas songs :)

Here's some examples that I use...
    Code:
      <smartPlaylist name="Mix (no techno/ambient/classical 2 to 6 mins)" query="WHERE strGenre NOT LIKE '%techno%' AND strGenre NOT LIKE '%trance%' AND strGenre NOT LIKE '%ambient%' AND strGenre NOT LIKE '%classical%' AND iDuration &gt; 120 AND iDuration &lt; 360 ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 100"></smartPlaylist>
      <smartPlaylist name="Ambient Mix" query="WHERE strGenre LIKE '%ambient%' AND iDuration &gt; 120 ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 50"></smartPlaylist>
      <smartPlaylist name="Rock Mix" query="WHERE strGenre = '| Rock |' AND iDuration &gt; 120 ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 50"></smartPlaylist>
      <smartPlaylist name="Electronic Mix" query="WHERE strGenre LIKE '%electronic%' strGenre NOT LIKE '%ambient%' AND iDuration &gt; 120 ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 50"></smartPlaylist>
      <smartPlaylist name="Funk/Soul/R&amp;B Mix" query="WHERE strGenre LIKE '%| soul |%' OR strGenre LIKE '%| funk |%' OR strGenre LIKE '%| r&amp;b |%' AND iDuration &gt; 120 ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 50"></smartPlaylist>
      <smartPlaylist name="Beatles Mix" query="WHERE strArtist LIKE '%beatles%' OR strTitle LIKE '%beatles%' AND iDuration &gt; 120 ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 50"></smartPlaylist>
      <smartPlaylist name="Pop Mix" query="WHERE strGenre LIKE '| pop |' AND iDuration &gt; 120 ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 50"></smartPlaylist>
      <smartPlaylist name="Jazz Mix" query="WHERE strGenre LIKE '%jazz%' AND iDuration &gt; 120 ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 50"></smartPlaylist>  
      <smartPlaylist name="Soundtrack Mix" query="WHERE strGenre LIKE '%soundtrack%' AND iDuration &gt; 120 ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 50"></smartPlaylist>
      <smartPlaylist name="Classical Mix" query="WHERE strGenre LIKE '%classical%' AND iDuration &gt; 120 ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 50"></smartPlaylist>

Messiahs

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Pog,

i really like your suggestions.
    Allow the user to click on the cover artwork within the gadget to open it (currently activated by the search icon).
    Allow the mouse wheel to scroll the song/album list up/down.
    Make the "Artist (Album)" selection the default or remember last selected.
    -> done

My sql queries are more complex, but i like your idea... let's see.

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Thanks Messiahs, great stuff.

I use the Smart Playlist plugin; https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/smartplaylists-1-1-4-1-a-44278/
    There is source available (included in the download), might be of some use.

Another suggestion based on my usage would be Wake On Lan to start the HTPC or a few user defined buttons in the gadget to launch batch files to do the same. I like the idea of user defined buttons that would launch stuff on the local and remote PC.

And there's more... another plugin/gadget that monitors MP tv server and clients, nice to know what's going on. You don't need to eat/sleep do you? ;)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looks great!

Sadly I get an error saying "IP-Address is not valid"

the dropdown box is empty and there is no option for "auto"

any ideas?

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It is installed on my Win7 client system (I haven't tried it on my win XP server).
    Only 1 network card

Something special? -> Only me!

Messiahs

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "Something special? -> Only me!" :)

Perhaps restricted access -> Did you try with admin rights ?

I will release a new version of xpTunes with some debug-output soon... perhaps this will help

bazzz

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This is excellent. The only question I have is whether the play button should be a pause button when a song is playing. I think this is supposed to happen because it does briefly appear as a pause button when I click play, but then turns back into a play button again. Clicking it restarts the song rather than pausing it.

Messiahs

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes this is a bug... i will take a look

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom