MediaPortal 1 Talk (66 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Hi I am using a program on the ipad to control media portal. I can modify the program to add a url or image. What I am trying to do is get the currently playing movie art to come up when i select a movie. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi I am using a program on the ipad to control media portal. I can modify the program to add a url or image. What I am trying to...
Hi I am using a program on the ipad to control media portal. I can modify the program to add a url or image. What I am trying to...
Replies
Views
hey guys, Currently my htpc is networked but has no internet access as it has no anti virus /firewall. However I really like the weather feature and was just wondering is there a way to schedule when the weather updates. The reason I'm asking is because my pc wakes up at 3am to grab the epg and my router allows me to enable...
hey guys, Currently my htpc is networked but has no internet access as it has no anti virus /firewall. However I really like the...
hey guys, Currently my htpc is networked but has no internet access as it has no anti virus /firewall. However I really like the...
Replies
Views
Why is using VSFilter so CPU intensive? Subtitles via FFdshow takes only 25 % of CPU whereas via vobsub it is able to take even 100 % manytimes. Is it normal? AMD64 3500+ t
Why is using VSFilter so CPU intensive? Subtitles via FFdshow takes only 25 % of CPU whereas via vobsub it is able to take even...
Why is using VSFilter so CPU intensive? Subtitles via FFdshow takes only 25 % of CPU whereas via vobsub it is able to take even...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Satelite help! DE
Hello I'm new to MP, and have a few questions I hope someone would help me with. I have a dreambox I use for satelite tv. How do I use this on MP ? Do I get the same functionality as I do with the dreambox software ? Does the dreambox software get bypassed ? I saw some plugins for dreambox, which does streaming it...
Hello I'm new to MP, and have a few questions I hope someone would help me with. I have a dreambox I use for satelite tv...
Hello I'm new to MP, and have a few questions I hope someone would help me with. I have a dreambox I use for satelite tv...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New to TMP DE
yes (see question 2) yes, although still in beta to a certain extent, yes if your card is on the supported list, then yes
yes (see question 2) yes, although still in beta to a certain extent, yes if your card is on the supported list, then yes
Hello, Just signed up to ask about a frontend/backend setup. 1 Does MediaPortal support such a setup? 2 Is it the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wanted to share of a finding I did today. I run MCE 2005 and today I installed the latest MS patches, in that batch there where two patches: 1. KB925398 2. Some patch for MCE and WMP 10 After installing these two the following started happening: a) All channels gave me "No Signal" for 3-4 seconds, then the picture...
Hi, Just wanted to share of a finding I did today. I run MCE 2005 and today I installed the latest MS patches, in that batch...
Hi, Just wanted to share of a finding I did today. I run MCE 2005 and today I installed the latest MS patches, in that batch...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 bev epg DE
I've got MP installed and working great. All channels on bev are watchable. My problem is I can't get the epg to populate at all. I've read and tried numerous things over the last few days without any success. Is there a complete step by step setup procedure that someone can post a link to? I'm at a dead end right now Thanks in...
I've got MP installed and working great. All channels on bev are watchable. My problem is I can't get the epg to populate at all...
I've got MP installed and working great. All channels on bev are watchable. My problem is I can't get the epg to populate at all...
Replies
Views
zak bagans pointing at you and the dumb green box at the bottom
zak bagans pointing at you and the dumb green box at the bottom
uhhh theres a dumb green box at the bottom of the live tv thing and idk how to fix it please s e n d h e l p
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Possible with MP? DE
Hi, i just watched a small video about the new hp touchsmart pc interface http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/3477/sneak_peek_video and wonder if it will be possible someday with our MP (without touchscreen, of course..) Is there any skin that can show us in the home screen the weather, latest news in rss and so on? Just...
Hi, i just watched a small video about the new hp touchsmart pc interface http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/3477/sneak_peek_video...
Hi, i just watched a small video about the new hp touchsmart pc interface http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/3477/sneak_peek_video...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Airremote DE
Im getting an iphone and found this amazing application and kit to allow an iphone to control, sky,tv,etc. Does anyone know how this would work with media portal? www.airremote.com
Im getting an iphone and found this amazing application and kit to allow an iphone to control, sky,tv,etc. Does anyone know how...
Im getting an iphone and found this amazing application and kit to allow an iphone to control, sky,tv,etc. Does anyone know how...
Replies
Views
Hi! I use the Mediaportal only as a media server without any TV functionality, but I would like to use the EPG solely as a TV guide. Would that be possible to achieve? I understand that I have to use some sort of xmltv grabber because it obviously won't be possible to grab any DVB EPG without a TV card. Regards, PK
Hi! I use the Mediaportal only as a media server without any TV functionality, but I would like to use the EPG solely as a TV...
Hi! I use the Mediaportal only as a media server without any TV functionality, but I would like to use the EPG solely as a TV...
Replies
Views
I now understand I can prevent this in engine0.2 by disabling the 3 plugins. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/prevent_automatic_deletion_recordings-t22052.html?p=147543 So the only question now is if the behavior is the same in the TV server and can it be disabled?
I now understand I can prevent this in engine0.2 by disabling the 3 plugins...
Does also the TV server delete recorded shows without questioning to make room on the disk? Currently this automatic deletion (in...
Replies
Views
Hello, An improvent i will suggest is to propose a "Restore Default" button on TV Server (an also Media Portal) configuration applications, in some tab that have check boxes, paths, combo boxes etc .... I mean a way to go back to default options, this typically for beginners that starts changing all (persons like me :D ). Typical...
Hello, An improvent i will suggest is to propose a "Restore Default" button on TV Server (an also Media Portal) configuration...
Hello, An improvent i will suggest is to propose a "Restore Default" button on TV Server (an also Media Portal) configuration...
Replies
Views
After spending a couple of months building a HTPC and testing various media centre apps I have finally finished the build and got it set up using MediaPortal. Its a fantastic piece of software. Im very grateful to all the team who have put in so much hard work to bring it to where it is. Thankyou so much for your efforts:thx:
After spending a couple of months building a HTPC and testing various media centre apps I have finally finished the build and got...
After spending a couple of months building a HTPC and testing various media centre apps I have finally finished the build and got...
Replies
Views
is there any tool in mediaportal that can help me to calibrate the antenna? Like a "satfinder"?
is there any tool in mediaportal that can help me to calibrate the antenna? Like a "satfinder"?
Replies
Views
Hi, Is it possible to compile a TV server client without the framework 1.0 log4net.dll It interferes with the minidisplay plugin when using a matrix orbital GX display wich driver uses log4net.dll for framework 2.0. Joris.
Hi, Is it possible to compile a TV server client without the framework 1.0 log4net.dll It interferes with the minidisplay...
Hi, Is it possible to compile a TV server client without the framework 1.0 log4net.dll It interferes with the minidisplay...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 What no SVN DE
Scanning the western front, SpudR sees the distant rolling gait of tumble weeds, as a mournful wind echoes across the wilderness. bu**er! :(
Scanning the western front, SpudR sees the distant rolling gait of tumble weeds, as a mournful wind echoes across the wilderness...
No SVN yet?
Replies
Views
Howzit Guys :) I am currently residing in south africa, and wanted some help from experts on DVB-S Tv cards My current set-up is as follows: I have 8 Satelite dishes which tapes 8 channels on to 16 LG 180GB DVD Recorders. While 8 dvd recorders is taping, i am cleaning up the other 8 with the previous days recordings on to DVD's...
Howzit Guys :) I am currently residing in south africa, and wanted some help from experts on DVB-S Tv cards My current...
Howzit Guys :) I am currently residing in south africa, and wanted some help from experts on DVB-S Tv cards My current...
Replies
Views
I just installed a weekly build and everything is ok. thanks for the help!!!
I just installed a weekly build and everything is ok. thanks for the help!!!
I was unbelievably stupid and overwrote my MediaPortal.exe file while trying to create a hotkey... .... Is there a way to get...
Replies
Views
Been using zap2xml to pull guide data from tvguide.com and write tvguide.xml for xmltv for years -- zap2xml suddenly fails with subject error after logging in to tvguide.com OK. Anyone know what the message means or what's going on? Edit: appears to have been a temp problem with tvguide.com that cleared after 3 days.
Been using zap2xml to pull guide data from tvguide.com and write tvguide.xml for xmltv for years -- zap2xml suddenly fails with...
Been using zap2xml to pull guide data from tvguide.com and write tvguide.xml for xmltv for years -- zap2xml suddenly fails with...
Replies
Views
Assuming you still have this problem, see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/remote-channel-change-issue-42781/. Milhouse
Assuming you still have this problem, see...
I am running MP RC1 with Tv server, latest SVN June 13 on Vista SP1. Everything seems to working fine with one exception, changing...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 audiostreams DE
Sure is late, but... just to let the answer. Install "Haali Media Splitter" Cheers!
Sure is late, but... just to let the answer. Install "Haali Media Splitter" Cheers!
Hello, I am new in using MP. I have the following question. I have mpeg-files with two audio streams, now i want to switch...
Replies
Views
So I just hit the Submit button an a Hauppauge 2250 Tuner Card.. I'm so siked about this thing coming in. I'm hoping to have it tomorrow but this weekend is also fine. So anyone using this card have any tips or tricks for getting the most out of it, and syncing it with the Cable Channel Line up listings? Chip
So I just hit the Submit button an a Hauppauge 2250 Tuner Card.. I'm so siked about this thing coming in. I'm hoping to have it...
So I just hit the Submit button an a Hauppauge 2250 Tuner Card.. I'm so siked about this thing coming in. I'm hoping to have it...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your reply. In my configuration this setting is set to "no". To avoid misunderstandings, the MP window size changes on screen resolution changes, MP always fulfills the whole screen. Also, the home screen buttons size is adjusted. Only the font size is not adjusted to the new screen resolution.
Thanks for your reply. In my configuration this setting is set to "no". To avoid misunderstandings, the MP window size changes on...
I use two monitors - a large display for TV and video watching and a small display for music playback, to get the current track...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 rent a movie DE
I don't know where you live, but there is a netflix plugin. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=10149&highlight=netflix
I don't know where you live, but there is a netflix plugin...
Is there a plugin for renting a movie (DVD) from internet
Replies
Views
I just upgraded from 1.2 (I thing) to 1.4, and now I don't see the movie titles below the movie icons. I have tried many different skins, but no one seems to have this feature anymore. I find it much harder to locate a movie now -- before I could see the beginning of the name but now I have to rely on only the icon. Is there anyway...
I just upgraded from 1.2 (I thing) to 1.4, and now I don't see the movie titles below the movie icons. I have tried many different...
I just upgraded from 1.2 (I thing) to 1.4, and now I don't see the movie titles below the movie icons. I have tried many different...
Replies
Views
is there an option to timeshift all channels so when rew you can watch two or more timeshifted programs... also, i think in dvbviewer) if you missed start of movie and then start to record it after 10-15 min when you press record it would record movie from the start .... are there any options like this in mediaportal thanks...
is there an option to timeshift all channels so when rew you can watch two or more timeshifted programs... also, i think in...
is there an option to timeshift all channels so when rew you can watch two or more timeshifted programs... also, i think in...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Laggy Playback? DE
Has anyone had the issue with Laggy playback due to to much harddrive accessing ( I am only guess thing)? I have a Homerun HD tv tuner so I can record two ATSC streams at once... but I notice they are laggy sometimes I think thats due to recording 2 and playing 1 has anyone had this issue? And what did you do to fix it... The only...
Has anyone had the issue with Laggy playback due to to much harddrive accessing ( I am only guess thing)? I have a Homerun HD tv...
Has anyone had the issue with Laggy playback due to to much harddrive accessing ( I am only guess thing)? I have a Homerun HD tv...
Replies
Views
Right, this solved this issue. I added my comment to this thread. Thank you very much!
Right, this solved this issue. I added my comment to this thread. Thank you very much!
Until MP 1.31 I was able to change the Videos home screen button to Moving Pictures: MediaPortal Configuration -> GUI -> Skin ->...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 new video/dvd uis DE
i really miss the stop button in the new interfaces for the movie and dvd views. am i the only one who does so?
i really miss the stop button in the new interfaces for the movie and dvd views. am i the only one who does so?
Replies
Views
Top Bottom