[0.2.0.0 - CVS 2006-01-23] Movie info screen bugs (1 Viewer)

Waltz

Portal Pro
December 14, 2004
Kiel, Germany
Area: Media Portal Program / Movie info screen
MP Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 including all CVS versions
Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: XP SP2 with all patches
CPU Type: Athlon XP 2100+
Memory: 512MB DDR
Motherboard Chipset: VIA KT400
Video Card: Geforce FX 5200 - 128 MB
Video Card Driver: ForceWare 81.98
Video Card Resolution: 720x576
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: n/a
Audio Codec Type & Version: n/a
TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE
TV Card Type: analogue / Hardware encoder
TV Card Driver: newest
Optional Log: n/a
Optional References: screenshot (see below)

-----------------------------------------------

The "Movie info screen" has two small bugs since 0.2.0.0 RC2 (or earlier?):

- The small round selection buttons in the menue ("Plot" / "Cast", "Watched") are not round anymore, they have some kind of egg shape (screenshot below). Every other button in the other MP menues seems to be normal.

- Below the menue, when you switch from "Plot" to "Cast" view, the word "Image:" above the image selector buttons disappears, and while the word "Disc:" is still visible, the disc selector buttons disappear as well (screenshot below).

MP-bug.jpg

- Waltz

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I think people must have noticed this but are working on other things at the moment (Like MP crashing when trying to record).

I can live with the egg shaped buttons for the time being if it is a choice between this and being able to record.

As far as the shapes go, this should be able to be fixed by editing the skin, so it doesn't even take any programming skills.
    I'm at work now so I can't check, but I would take a look at the movieinfo.xml file or whatever name sounds close.

Also, the disc problem sounds simply like the lable should have "visible" set to false, but again, I can't check now.

When I get home, I may get a chance, but I have a big work trip coming up in a few days that may take all my time for the next few weeks.

Take a look into it yourself. XML may look a little intimidating at first, but it has a simple kind of logic.

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    Thanks for your reply!

Of course the developers and skinners have more important tasks - I just began to believe that I'm the only one with this problem... :)

I found the right XML file, but even with the MP skin editor I could not fix this issue.

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    Switched back to 0.2.0.0 RC2 (without any CVS updates) - and found this issue there, too. So it's there for quite some time now.
    Should I talk to the creator of the BlueTwo skin?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I've had a quick look at the toggle buttons. The issue is because the whole button section has been shortened to allow more movi information to fit. For example, the buttons in the tv section are 190x32 whereas in the videoinfo screen they are 120x32.
    There is still a lot of room for a fully rounded button, but it seems to be an issue with the way MP places buttons compared to their lable.

The only solution I can suggest without a lot of work is to expand the lables to the above dimensions and make them start at a position less that 60, where they currently start.
    IE,
    Code:
    <control>
          <description>Plot</description>
          <type>togglebutton</type>
          <id>3</id>
          <posX>30</posX>   <--  was 60
          <posY>131</posY>
          <width>150</width>  <--  was 120
          <height>32</height>
          <label>207</label>
          <AltTextureFocus>togglebutton-off-focus.png</AltTextureFocus>
          <AltTextureNoFocus>togglebutton-off-nofocus.png</AltTextureNoFocus>
          <textureFocus>togglebutton-on-focus.png</textureFocus>
          <textureNoFocus>togglebutton-on-nofocus.png</textureNoFocus>
          <textcolor>ffffffff</textcolor>
          <colordiffuse>ffffffff</colordiffuse>
          <disabledcolor>60ffffff</disabledcolor>
          <font>font13</font>
          <onleft>22</onleft>
          <onright>22</onright>
          <onup>2</onup>
          <ondown>4</ondown>
        </control>

I haven't tested this, but it should start the buttons a little more to the left and allow the tags to be a bit bigger. This should be enough to make a the buttons more round.[/code]

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    Thanks Marcusb, that should work.
    But when the buttons move to the left, they're not in line with all the other MP buttons any more. And there's still the "Image"/"Disc" issue... So I think only the developers can really fix these issues (which can be found in other skins as well)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom