[0.2.0 RC 1] Crash with autotuning (1 Viewer)

LonelyPixel

Portal Member
November 7, 2005
Eckental, Germany
Area: Configuration
MP Version: 0.2.0 RC 1
Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP SP 2 latest patchlevel
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Winchester) 1,8 GHz
Memory: DDR 2x512 MB
Motherboard Chipset: Ehm - VIA I think
Video Card: ATI 9250
Video Card Driver: ?
Video Card Resolution: SXGA
Video Render Type: Overlay
Video Codec Type & Version: (default)
Audio Codec Type & Version: (default)
TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova S-Plus
TV Card Type: software DVB-S
TV Card Driver: (default)
Optional Log: (way too much stuff I don't understand)
Optional References: -

Synopsis: When scanning for TV stations, configuration.exe crashes (terminated by windows with the common error message) after a little while (about 10-15% progress)

I have installed Visual Studio 6. What can I do to get you a more detailed error dump? This bug seems to be reproducible, the other configuration wizard shows the same problem. I'm new to this programme and don't know yet where to turn what. Didn't even know there's two independent configuration applications until right now...

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    You have two choices really. You can roll back to v.1.3, which is the last stable official release or you can try one of the later CVS releases for v.2 and see if that gives you more luck.
    The CVS is the latest "work in progress" and has a lot of bugs fixed, but be warned, it is untested and may introduce others.

Unfortunately for you, the timing is bad, as the new CVS has provision for .net v2 meaning that if you want to stay with MP v.2RC1 then you'll have to upgrade to .NET v2 but this will make it harder to switch back to v.1.3 (You'll have to uninstall .NET and put the old 1.1 version back on).

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you want me to elaborate on anything...

Marcus.

LonelyPixel

Portal Member
    November 7, 2005
    Eckental, Germany
    Sorry, version 0.1.3 doesn't support my DVB card, at least it didn't show anything reasonable where 0.2.0 rc 1 shows my Nova-S Plus card. So I can only use this or a newer one. Can't I use .NET 2 and 1.1 in parallel? That would be bad. I thought .NET would come over the DLL versioning hell and especially support concurrent versions? Is .NET 2 already publically available at all? (Didn't look for it yet...)

But if I should still wait a little, that would be OK. Right now, there is really no single media center solution that would work in an everyday life. (Didn't test Windows MCE and that Nero thing yet but TVCentral doesn't work and several stand-alone DVB-S programmes are unusable, too.)

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

1. Verify requirements (i.e. .Net framework including SP1)
    2. Make sure you use the latest drivers for the Nova S Plus DVB card
    3. Install MP 0.1.3.0 release
    4. Download the capturecarddefinitions.xml update from here.

With this, you should be able to get it to work. If not, please post any errors and/or logfiles.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Dman has moved recently and I'm pretty sure he has had to change service provider also so its quite possible that this would explain the 404 you are seeing. I'm sure he will rectify this as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom