0.2.3.0 Stable Version Soon? (1 Viewer)

Robert Simandl

Portal Member
July 30, 2005
Hi,

I've been procrastinating on installing the 0.2.3.0 RC, since the existing (older) version I'm currently running is great.

But I just added an HDHomeRun which apparently requires a newer version than what I have.

Before I start installing the current RC, is there a "stable" (as opposed to an RC) version coming soon? I figure no use installing an RC today if the "stable" version is coming next week.

Any estimates on when the RC's will be over and the "stable" version released?

Thanks....

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    As usual it is released when finished, when that is? When it's done of course ;)

Regards
    Roy

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    As usual it is released when finished, when that is? When it's done of course ;)

Regards
    Roy

I think this is the best answer you can give. There is no reason to put any pressure on development like with most commercial software. The consquence is most often a buggy or premature software release.

Release it when it's time to release it.

grubi.

Robert Simandl

Portal Member
    July 30, 2005
    I'll be the first to agree about not rushing it, but I'd kind of like to know whether it'll be two weeks from now or 8 months from now.

If 2 weeks, I won't bother installing RC2. If 8 months, I will.

I'm not asking for a hard and fast date, or getting impatient... just trying to get a feel whether I should install the RC2 or not?

Thanks...

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    To give you another answer:
    The more ppl that install RC2 + svn & reports bugs then faster can the final be reached. @ the moment i don't think it will take 2 weeks to reach a new release either RC or final as it all seems now, but that state can change faster then i type so exact i can't tell (maybe i can but wont) ;)

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom