MediaPortal 2 0004390: Move ShellThumbnail (WindowsAPI) from MediaPortal.Common into a MetadataExtractor... (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
[PARSEHTML]Using the ShellThumbnailing, also called thumbnail generation through WindowsApi, creates a dependency from MediaPortal.Common to <br /> - Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.dll and<br /> - Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell.dll<br /> <br /> The result is that these dll files required running every MediaPortal application (i.e. ServiceMonitor) which needs the Common library (i.e. for logging).<br /> It is also not possible to get rid easily of the shell thumbnailing if a user does not want to use it.<br /> <br /> There might be additional reasons, i.e. easier replacement if there are better thumbnail generators available than using the windows API.<br /> <br /> In the first change it might not be need to implement new interface to make the thumbnailing more flexible. It should be enough to start moving the thumbnailing code into it's own plugin and create dependencies from other plugins which are using this code.[/PARSEHTML]
Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
Replies
Views
Just for your information: couldn't find the ns*.tmp file...
Just for your information: couldn't find the ns*.tmp file...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
It's very strange, but you can see that it happens. The logic of NSIS is a complete mystery. :)
It's very strange, but you can see that it happens. The logic of NSIS is a complete mystery. :)
We have just released MediaPortal 1.28 Summer Breeze Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5053] - TV framerate is not...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
I've marked it as "Fixed" since the original crash issue is resolved. It would be intersting to know if the other behavior that you now describe is dependent on the skin. Is it behaving the same way if you use a BlueVision theme, e.g. TitanExtended? @ge2301, can you confirm the behavior? is this a skin problem or something general?
I've marked it as "Fixed" since the original crash issue is resolved. It would be intersting to know if the other behavior that...
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3 Description Not sure if this is the correct way to submit a report, but I have uncovered a bug in a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom