1.0.0.0 Not a finished product yet (2 Viewers)

cryoplasm

Portal Member
December 30, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I know what you mean. Considering there were RCs before a release, should mean the final is a finished product. However, the nature of the project is such that it's an ongoing cycle of software development and repair. Personally I feel the terms Release and Final are somewhat misleading in this project. I would like to see more frequent updates to the software as is presently spirited in the form of SVNs.

For your DVD problem, you may want to check the codecs you're using. Which ones are you using? Is your Windows all patched up? DVD play should be fairly stable on 1.0 using the supplied codecs.

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
I would possibly agree. Having used all the release candidates I have some odd issues with 1.0 that didn't exist before hand, and I've been using MP for at least 4 years now.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I would possibly agree. Having used all the release candidates I have some odd issues with 1.0 that didn't exist before hand, and I've been using MP for at least 4 years now.

How about creating a separate bug report for every one of those "odd" issue you are experiencing? As what comes to the team members (and their HTPCs) there aren't any known big issues with the 1.0 release.

Normal bashign/nagging/etc is ignored. So if there aren't good bug reports the issues aren't "real".

OneOfOne

Portal Member
    December 27, 2008
    I know what you mean. Considering there were RCs before a release, should mean the final is a finished product. However, the nature of the project is such that it's an ongoing cycle of software development and repair. Personally I feel the terms Release and Final are somewhat misleading in this project. I would like to see more frequent updates to the software as is presently spirited in the form of SVNs.

For your DVD problem, you may want to check the codecs you're using. Which ones are you using? Is your Windows all patched up? DVD play should be fairly stable on 1.0 using the supplied codecs.

its not the codec as I have the cccp installed. and the weather problem was fixed and was due to my own stupidity. perhaps an obvious answer to this question exists but I have plead stupid already so here goes... can I use this to play desktop media on my xbox 360? thats really the only reason I installed it. vista media center blows harder than katrina did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom