1.0 RC1 GUI not smooth

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Muffinman, April 19, 2008.

1. Muffinman

Muffinman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just upgraded from latest stable version to 1.0 RC1. Seems to work fine so far apart from one thing; GUI is not as smooth as it was with previous version. Animations seem to be a little choppy, as if the gfx is too weak. I am currently running Xface, but I also tried with Blue Two and Aeon and they are all choppy. Reducing thumbnail size does not fix the problem.

Any ideas? Hardware is C2D@2.4ghz + 7600GS.

:)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wowski

wowski Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    I have the same issue - much choppier and slower. In particular scrolling through my Music showing icons for albums is very slow. Have had to revert to an earlier SVN from about a month ago, all is fast and smooth again. I have an older system so it is more sensitive to increase loading. Don't know if it is an error, or just the new MP version requiring more grunt? Have double checked the settings and are the same as before.

4. Muffinman

Muffinman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well after using and loving MP for more than three years I am not about to abandon it if it requires some more oomph...I will upgrade my gfx in a second if that is what it takes. But I first I need to know if this is the solution.

Reverting to earlier SVN...despite having used MP for some time I have not yet learnt to install SVN`s. Hopefully this thread will help deciding what is best - new gfx, reverting to earlier svn or something else.

5. rtv
    • Team MediaPortal

rtv Retired Team Member

CTO at ES2000
    Ratings:
    +301 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    womski please send me your MediaPortal.xml of the reverted SVN build and that of your RC1 installation so I can find out the reason for your slowdowns.

6. entrecour
    • Premium Supporter

entrecour MP Donator

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There is a seperate post re the windows firewall slowing MP RC1 down. That's my experience also and may be the trouble here. When I disabled the firewall the GUI was much faster, no noticable delay when switching between channel groups for instance.

7. Muffinman

Muffinman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Windows firewall is already disabled here. XP professional 32-bit norwegian btw.

8. wowski

wowski Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Have checked firewall is off in my case too. It would appear to be GUI graphics requiring more CPU power. Pevious SVN used about 30% CPU when scrolling through album icons (using folder.jpg in each folder). RC1 causes 100% cpu usage. Same goes for viewing TV section, previously 40% (in MyTV with reduced size TV playing on screen), now 90%+.
    Full screen TV is still OK. May be a graphics card issue if there have been changes to the code for the GUI? If most other people are fine, may be time for me to upgrade.

Attached Files:

9. Waterman981

Waterman981 Portal Member

IT
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm definitely seeing this slow down too. Starting to think of going back to 0.2.3.0 seeing how many others are seeing it.

10. Muffinman

Muffinman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It seems MP is stuck at 10 FPS, which according to Ronilse indicates that MP is not in focus. I am currently running fullscreen with MP always on top checked.

11. Avigrace

Avigrace Portal Pro

Domain Administrator
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Menus seem sluggish here also

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!