1.1.3 - playing video always starts in small-screen, and won't resume from X:Y offset (1 Viewer)

trhaynes

Portal Member
September 30, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 2400+
HDD: 500GB Western Digital
Memory: 2GB DDR2
Motherboard: KM400-8237

I just upgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 (1.1.2 would occasionally hang on the "loading windows plugins", which was driving me nuts, and I was hoping this was fixed). Well, 1.1.3 doesn't seem to have that problem, but it does have 2 new problems for me.

1. When I play a video, it always starts in the lower-left corner "mini" window. I have to mouse over it and click it to make it full-screen. I would prefer it to start full-screen. 1.1.2 always started it full-screen... I would love to have that again!

2. If I stop a video and want to play it again later, it gives me the "resume from X:Y" option. But even if I pick it, it starts the video again at the very beginning.

I have searched the wiki and gone through every screen in the configuration tool, but no luck.

Thank you for any help!!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: 1.1.3 - playing video always starts in small-screen, and won't resume from X:Y of

Hi trhaynes

1. When I play a video, it always starts in the lower-left corner "mini" window. I have to mouse over it and click it to make it full-screen. I would prefer it to start full-screen. 1.1.2 always started it full-screen... I would love to have that again!
    I would think this is a view thing.

2. If I stop a video and want to play it again later, it gives me the "resume from X:Y" option. But even if I pick it, it starts the video again at the very beginning.
    What kinds of videos? This should work if it worked in 1.1.2 as there were *very* minimal changes made between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 - just adding a check to support Windows 7 SP1.

mm

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: 1.1.3 - playing video always starts in small-screen, and won't resume from X:Y of

I just upgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 (1.1.2 would occasionally hang on the "loading windows plugins", which was driving me nuts, and I was hoping this was fixed). Well, 1.1.3 doesn't seem to have that problem, but it does have 2 new problems for me.

Thank you for any help!!

Strange, this hangs are exactly what I have since a few days, I am on 1.1.3 since a long time now. I suspect my anti-virus or Windows defender to have done something recently...

trhaynes

Portal Member
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

I would think this is a view thing.
    Can you be more specific...? Is there a config option that affects this?

What kinds of videos? This should work if it worked in 1.1.2 as there were *very* minimal changes made between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 - just adding a check to support Windows 7 SP1.

This affects all videos, even ones that resumed fine in 1.1.2. Maybe I should just do a full uninstall of 1.1.2 and reinstall 1.1.3 and try again.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom