1.1 beta not installable on w2k3 (1 Viewer)

Eudelfeudel

Portal Member
June 7, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

after getting no response for days to my problem regarding mytv on 1.0.2 (other than other ppl chiming in that they have the same problem), i tried to install the beta. I uninstalled 1.0.2 on my server and the 1.1 beta installer thinks the win 2k3 r2 machine is some win xp64, thus it aborts the setup process. This is really frustrating, and i found no solution via search or in the confirmed issues.

Any ideas how i can install and (maybe) get a working system again ...?

tesco

Portal Member
March 27, 2009
Well 2k3 isn't really supported is it? It might work if you change the compability mode on the installationfile to vista or something.

Eudelfeudel

Portal Member
June 7, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
I could install 1.0.2, the installer just says "hey, this is not supported, but you can go on if you want". The installer of the new beta thinks i use win XP 64bit and just quits ...

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,

after getting no response for days to my problem regarding mytv on 1.0.2 (other than other ppl chiming in that they have the same problem), i tried to install the beta. I uninstalled 1.0.2 on my server and the 1.1 beta installer thinks the win 2k3 r2 machine is some win xp64, thus it aborts the setup process. This is really frustrating, and i found no solution via search or in the confirmed issues.

Any ideas how i can install and (maybe) get a working system again ...?

GeneralRequirements/OperatingSystems - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

Simone

Eudelfeudel

Portal Member
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you even care to read my post? My gues is: no.

Here is what your link says:

The MediaPortal installer will issue a warning, but will allow you to install on:

* Windows 7 Beta (warning will be removed when it goes RTM)
    * Windows Server 2003 and 2008 (Microsoft does not release essential hotfixes for using TV cards)
    * Windows XP and Vista with beta/release candidate service packs

And, to repeat myself for the third time, THE INSTALLER DOES NOT GO ON AND INSTALL!!!!!!! It is buggy and thinks my Windows 2003 R2 machine is Windows XP64bit. I can install 1.0.2, but mytv is not working with that version. After opening two threads about it with detailed description and log files attached, and getting zero response for more than a week, i gave the beta a shot. But the beta is worse, it does not install at all instead of having errors during usage.

Did i make my point clear this time?

Eudelfeudel

Portal Member
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for your great support, this board really blows.

I quit my MP adventure and go on to some more mature software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom