1.16.0 Pre "breaks" my network configuration (1 Viewer)

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    First: I installed 1.16.0 Pre on my Laptop - no problem there. :);)

But at my HTPC there is a problem with the TV-Service: My HTPC has 2 Network Interfaces - First for all the "normal" internet traffic and the second only for my IPTV-Channels (adreses e.g. rtp://@239.2.16.29:8208 ...) I set this up this with some "route" commands (more you can find here 2 Netzwerkkarten und IPTV (A1 TV vormals AonTV von Telekom Austria) ) On 1.15.0 and older Versions this worked.

During the installation of 1.16.0 pre I got an long long error massage (wich I didn't understand and -sorry- didn't copy :oops:) And now only internet works - my TV-Channels NOT.:eek::(:mad:
    TV-Channels work only when I disable First Network Interface - but than of course no internet :(

For now I went back to 1.15.0 so sorry I can't give more informations (I had to recover my whole Win 10 because I wasn't able to set up my Network Interfaces anymore :()

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can't think of anything that changed in TV Server in 1.16 PR that would have caused the routing to stop working. Routing is at the operating system level anyway, so it really isn't possible for TV Server to avoid it. For this reason my guess is that the problem had nothing to do with the routing.

During the installation of 1.16.0 pre I got an long long error massage (wich I didn't understand and -sorry- didn't copy :oops:)
    For now I went back to 1.15.0 so sorry I can't give more informations
    As a result of these two things (and the fact that you haven't provided log files :( ), there's nothing we can do with your report.

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Give me some time - I will I will reproduce (try to :ROFLMAO:) the prolem and give you the logs and screenshot of error message.

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So here it is:
    This time no error massage during installation :confused: but same result :(
    I did:
    • install MP 1.16.0 Pre
    • Start watchdog
    • in MP --> Start TV
    • TV doesn't work ("Ein unbekannter Fehler ist aufgetreten"...)
    • Change Channel
    • again unnkown error

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So here it is...
    Thanks for trying, but these log files are no good for us. The TV Server log level is set to "error"... which means we see almost nothing in the log files. It's not enough context to understand what's going on.
    Please:
    1. Open TV Server Configuration.
    2. Go to the "general" section.
    3. Set the log level to "debug".
    4. Go to the "manual control" section.
    5. Click "stop service"... then "start service".
    6. Use the Watchdog with option 1 to collect new log files.
    7. Attach the log files.

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sorry - I Thought it was set to debug level:unsure: - I know thats important for you... will do so subito :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just FYI...
    I'm going to bed very soon.
    Work is very busy in the next few days (12+ hours per day) so I probably won't have enough time to do anything for MediaPortal.
    I'll try to check the new log files ASAP. Thanks in advance for your patience.
    In the meantime, if you're convinced that the problem is a network problem I suggest you:
    1. Check your routing rules are in place.
    2. Check security software (Avira, firewalls etc.) are configured to allow TVService.exe and SetupTv.exe to access the network interfaces.
    3. Use Wireshark, "netstat -an" etc. to debug TV Server's network access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom