MediaPortal Skin: PureVisionHD Blue
Windows Version: Win7 Ult 64
CPU Type: Phenom II X4 955
HDD: 2TB Samsung F4
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Motherboard: MSI 990FXA-GD80
Video Card: HD6950 2GB
Video Card Driver: 12.1
Sound Card: onboard Realtek AC97 (ALC892)
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 6.01.6482
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.27240
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD11
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: MS DTV-DVD
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: Scythe 120mm Bottom Intake Fan, TRUE Rev. c CPU HSF
Power Supply: Antec CP-850
Remote: Nova-T 500
TV: Sony XBR800 36"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

I watched two mkv movies, which were fine, and then watched several programs on BBC3, which were also fine. Then I switched to E4 and left the room and when I came back, the picture was frozen (sound was normal). I rewound 15secs and it stuck at the same place again, so I skipped forward and that unfroze it, but it kept freezing again. I was running LatencyMon at the time and noticed that the Current Kernel Timer Latency was hitting around 600+ us, whereas it normally doesn't go above around 200 odd, although the Highest Measured Kernel Timer Latency often shows around 500us, so it does spike to this briefly but not normally enough to show in the Current Latency.

It's possible this happened because I changed the Speaker Configuration in the Realtek Control Panel from 5.1 to Stereo though. After stopping and restarting the same channel it seems to be OK anyway. I thought I might as well report it anyway, in case it points to an issue that can be fixed.

I made the first set of logs when I first noticed the problem and the second set a bit later after I noticed it was freezing again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom