1.2.3 I've been trying to make this work for 2+ months -- (1 Viewer)

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    -- and there are NO PROBLEMS!
    Everything has worked perfectly since mm1352000 helped me out with a couple of upgrades and a lot of good advice back in late Aug.

Well, you know that's too good to be true. There is one little issue that appeared recently.
    For one (or maybe two) particular shows on one particular analog TV channel (so far), when I click on a future TV show in TVguide to record it, use Record or Advanced Record on the next screen and return to the guide, the show is not shown in red (as it usually is to indicate recording set up). And if I go to TV menu -> Scheduled, the show is not there. If I go to TVserver Configuation -> Schedules, the show is not there. And of course, the show doesn't record.
    I do NOT have "Check episode of already recorded programs to prevent duplicate recording of repeated broadcasts" set.
    This does not seem to be the same problem that AMD found here -
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...from-schedule-episodes-not-showing-up.110497/ .

Questions:
    1) any ideas?, has anyone else seen this?
    2) is there a file associated with TVserver Configuration -> Schedules?
    3) and if so, where the heck is it? I can't find it in any of the normal places.
    4) is there any other 'file' associated with programs to NOT record

I was thinking of saving the file (if there is one), deleting all the entries, and re-entering the troublesome schedule to see if that helps.

Log files attached:
    1) delete all logs, set log type to debug
    2) start MP
    3) try to schedule recording as described above
    the program I try to schedule is Covert Affairs, 11/13/2012 11:00:00 PM - 11/14/2012 12:01:00 AM
    (I already have a repeat of this program scheduled for later on - that should not be a problem, have done it many times before)
    4) kill MP and TV
    5) save logs

I see the 'interesting' message near the end of the MP log about another schedule for the same program name in a prior month at a different time, but no clue what it means or what to do about it. Also, no idea what 'UnCancleSerie' means.

Thanks,
    Cal

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      9.9 KB
    • tv.zip
      1.9 KB

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    I know one of you developers understands this ---

Anyway, after trying to add the schedule again (without if showing red in the guide), I went to TVserver Configuration -> Schedules, which then showed both the new schedule I was trying to add and the repeat schedule I already had. I deleted both.
    Now adding the new schedule (and the repeat schedule) both work right -- ie, show red in the guide.
    WHY? I would like to understand what happened here.

In looking around, I found that
    Documents and Settings
    All Users
    Application Data
    Shared Documents and
    Team MediaPortal
    MediaPortal TVserver

both contain versions of export.xml, although the files are different.
    Each contains PILES and PILES of old record schedules.

What are these files for? Which is actually being used, if either? How can I get rid of the old schedules? Can I just delete the files (assuming that they are something the MP generates under some condition)

Thanks.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    im pretty sure that export/import is for backing up / using your tv server recordings database if you format your PC/delete + reinstall tvserver (vs. upgrading). I guess tvserver probably generated an export/back up at one stage which is why if you look at that file you see some old schedules (which were current at the time of the export/backup).

Last edited:

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country

Anyway, after trying to add the schedule again (without if showing red in the guide), I went to TVserver Configuration -> Schedules, which then showed both the new schedule I was trying to add and the repeat schedule I already had. I deleted both.
    Now adding the new schedule (and the repeat schedule) both work right -- ie, show red in the guide.
    And then this morning, after a normal reboot and MP restart, the red color is gone again from the above scheduled recordings, although the show still up in under TV menu -> Scheduled.

im pretty sure that export/import is for backing up
    So I should be able to just get rid of those files ---?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

And then this morning, after a normal reboot and MP restart, the red color is gone again from the above scheduled recordings, although the show still up in under TV menu -> Scheduled.
    I also had this *hickup* once about 2 weeks ago. But I am unable to reproduce it.
    I can only guess that something in the communication between MediaPortal and TvServer/Database must have gone wrong when I had this missing "recoding schedule" indicator.

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    I also had this *hickup* once about 2 weeks ago. But I am unable to reproduce it.
    I can only guess that something in the communication between MediaPortal and TvServer/Database must have gone wrong when I had this missing "recoding schedule" indicator.

Did the problem clear up by itself?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Did the problem clear up by itself?
    It only happened once. Then never again.

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    And later the same day, after a couple of scheduled recordings, the red indicators are back! It's a miracle, Larry -- It's a miracle.
    btw, the red indicators were missing for all scheduled recordings on one channel only (before they came back). Does that make sense somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom