1.24.0 1.24 Kills 3D MVC playback on MadVr (1 Viewer)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi family! @Sebastiii
    Short time a go I have start to experience 3D MVC problems. Ill Update this post with my findings, but for the time being, only if exclusive mode is selected,MP displays 3d MVC image. Before it worked on any mode for me. Its also failing to return to 4K res (previous one ) on 3D MVC video stop. Seems Madvr is not released on video Stop. If I quit MP, resolution goes to previous one. I'm testing on witch previous version started to fail.

MP test MadVr developement V355 1.18 all is OK on 3D MVC
    MP 1.18 Final is fine 3D and recovers from 1080p but 3d fails if video is not started from the begining. so on remember of last playback position
    MP 1.19 Final seems to be more stable and plays 3d even if not started from beggining and also recovers from 1080p to previous mode on video stop
    MP 1.20 pre was failing 3d but recovering from video stop to previous resolution. exclusive mode works 3D MVC no other modes.
    MP 1.20 final failes on first playback and some others. all of the rest where fine. always recovers

---------
    MP1.21 final no longer plays 3D MVC. Needs exclusive mode and never recovers from 1080p and doesn't changes to previous resolution on video stop. If after I close MP, then it works and returns to previous resolution.
    ----------

so a change on1.20 to 1.21 may be the cause of the 3D mvc problems.
    Thanks!
    Alex

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey [emoji4]
    I will try on my side I have few 3D mvc to test on my TI 1050 but didn't have 4k setup. Only 1080p.
    If your resolution is on 1080 it failed too right?
    Can you try mpchc too for comparaison ?
    If i'm not wrong exclusive mode is disable on my side.
    Also recent Nvidia drivers removed 3D stuff so need to stay on older drivers.
    But will wrote my version here.

Tapatalk

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hey [emoji4]
    I will try on my side I have few 3D mvc to test on my TI 1050 but didn't have 4k setup. Only 1080p.
    If your resolution is on 1080 it failed too right?
    Can you try mpchc too for comparaison ?
    If i'm not wrong exclusive mode is disable on my side.
    Also recent Nvidia drivers removed 3D stuff so need to stay on older drivers.
    But will wrote my version here.

Tapatalk
    Hi @Sebastiii
    nice to see you again! lucky me Im on few days of leave to test.

right now Im testing 1.22 on driver version 419.67 on my 1050ti Oc LP. the issue of starting 3D MVC videos seems to be more stable and now I always have successfull 3D playback. 4k to 1080p changes and projection is in Real 3D.on video stop, 3D is removed but remains on 1080P. no change back to 4k. If i close MP, then windows goes back to 4k.

I know about the problem with 3D Nvidia. I was on old stuff because of that.
    on 1.21 happends the same

let me try 1.20......

Yes 1.20 works fine. Is the good one. something implemented on 1.21 doesn't allow to recover from 3D 1080p to 4k o whatever was the resolution before play a 3D mvc video.
    @Sebastiii even if it doesent recover previous graphic mode on video Stop, the thing is that closing MP (opening MP config for instance) allows the recover so may be MadVr is not really released.

The problem on video start seems to be related with graphic driver. And is now solved for me

Hope will help

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @alexdepalma I have tried (without testing) commented out a code in C++ filter that was added in 1.21 Pre.
    You maybe need to change manual setting in DRR from madVR :
    Here :
    upload_2020-1-24_15-30-10.png

To
    upload_2020-1-24_15-30-32.png

In fact try to play with those settings :)
    I'm not sure if it's the culprit but worth try.

On 1.21, i have forced this because it solves some black screen or deadlock issue on stop but maybe it has broken on your side.

Attachments

• dshowhelper_revert_WIP_1.21.zip
      1.8 MB

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Showhelper tryed on 1.23 final and had one blank screen on stop. I put pc on standby and recovered fine but 1080p. no 4k. second try. recovered on 1080p. Ill try your branh again on top of 1.23. cross fingers with TV server matching....

even after standby computer. on closing MP, resolution 4k is recovered. funny

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom