[confirm] 1.4.0 Prerelease introduced horizontal tearing for TV and recorded TV playback (1 Viewer)

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    MediaPortal Version: 1.3.0

Description
    Depending on scene, but when camera is panning, there is very clear horizontal tearing line.
    This was not a problem with 1.3.0

Steps to Reproduce:
    Start Tv/playback TV, and wait for a scene with camera panning.[DOUBLEPOST=1370806506][/DOUBLEPOST]codec properties attached:

Screenshot from 2013-06-09 21:34:31.png

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Your graphic card (HD4290) is too slow for hardware acceleration + deinterlacing of 1080i HDTV

Horizontal tearing can be fixed with vsync (see screenshot below)

Post screenshot after playing fullscreen tv and pressing SHIFT+1 and waiting a while.

Untitled-1.gif

Last edited:

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    thank you, I'll see if enabling vsync helps.
    This question was about SD TV, no HD. Also, as mentioned, Ive never see this effect on 1.3.0 , nor did I had any trouble playing HD movies (guess they are mostly progressivly encoded.).
    screenshot of the test attached.
    Maybe 1.3.0 or the codec requested vsync before ? otherwise it's hard to tell what changed since 1.3.0
    -BTW this is the only "TV" at home, it's the main enterntainment system in the living room, so my wife does notice any change. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1370819998][/DOUBLEPOST]no, enabling vsync did not solve it, did another test too.
    It seems the 23 dropped frames in first test, was due to MP being fresh-strated.[DOUBLEPOST=1370820067][/DOUBLEPOST]MAy it be the updated codecs that were installed during 1.4.0 installation ? - I suspect them.

Attachments

• test.PNG
      test.PNG
      2.7 MB
    • test2.JPG
      test2.JPG
      156.1 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is horizontal tearing, if my understand is correct, if you have vsync enabled it should be impossible to see a tearing.

Your shift+1 is strange, in that it doesn't show the usual amount of information I am used to seeing. So I don't have enough information to help you.

Untitled.png

PS. Make sure you don't use MP Audio render, or vsynch adjustment/time-stretching etc in the audio render/codecs. This features are only for video that can be speedup/slowed down, You can't do this with live TV.[DOUBLEPOST=1370822141][/DOUBLEPOST]
    MAy it be the updated codecs that were installed during 1.4.0 installation ? - I suspect them.

I can't even tell what codecs are in use, but if you have zero drop frames then any horizontal tearing is caused by not having vsync enabled. Changing the audio render + codec settings to disable everything related to synch/time stretching may eliminate the tearing in live tv, but I would of expecting enabling vsync would eliminate any tearing caused by the audio render/codec adjusting the timing / fps+hz missmatching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom