1.6 Teething Problems (1 Viewer)

CAPTAIN_CESSNA

Portal Member
March 7, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Morning all,

Am I the only one having issues with MePo 1.6? I'm a bit of an amateur at this, but I've had a search around and don't seem to be able to find the answers. I'm struggling with the following after doing a clean install, I was previously on MePo 1.4:
  • Allmusic Scraper - This was broken in 1.4, so the fix in 1.6 was a major reason to update for me. I can't get it to work though! I found a thread that said I have to force a search manually, but every time I do I just get a 'No results found' error. I've checked the logs, they also state no results. The artists I'm searching certainly aren't in any way obscure! There doesn't appear to be any threads on the scraper not working at all, so why isn't it working for me?
  • Titan Extended - The installer, for some reason, installs the wrong version of Titan Extended. I've noticed the file name when the skin is being downloaded by the installer contains '1.4', and after installation there's no shortcut on the desktop for the config or any sign of the extended version in the MePo configs. I downloaded the latest version through the extension manager and it then shows up, but completely messes up my home screen (this is where my lack of experience comes in). I previously just used the default layout so that TV took me to the submenu containing TV Guide etc, for example. This is now gone, I don't know how to get it back. I tried various options for creating submenus etc, none of which seem to do anything.
  • To make matters with Titan worse, I installed Latest Media Handler and for some reason it doesn't work with Titan Extended. The option to enable latest media just isn't available, I can't seem to make it appear. Any ideas?

Incredibly frustrated right now, the Mrs is giving me GBH at the ear hole for spending countless hours at the TV!

Great to see development still progressing at such a rate however, after switching from 7MC about 18 months ago I've found the reliability second to none and the other half finds the UI much more appealing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom