1.6 Upgrade hasn't gone well (1 Viewer)

eeknz

Portal Member
February 19, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I did an in place upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6. Music would either lock up on playing the first song and the system goes unresponsive (while playing the song), or behaved normally for about 4 songs then crash out, taking explorer with it.
Everything else appeared to work fine.
So I manually removed everything MP related and did a clean install. I haven't imported anything. Total rescan of channels and movie database etc.
Now I have stuttering TV.
I'm sure having logs would be helpful, but there lots of them and I'm not really sure which are relevant.
My theory is that the actual capture of the stream is at fault as I have a client PC that used to play TV just fine and it is now also having a stutter. It hasn't been touched at all and is still 1.5.
There is a bit of activity going an while the machine rebuilds databases of content, but I have timeshift and recording on a separate spindle to the OS and apps.
None of the codes have been changed - Using SAF.

Has anyone else had problems with the upgrade?

Andrew

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If I may try a shot: do you have installed wifiremote plugin? And are running the latest version, 0.8? If you are running an earlier version, please update.

eeknz

Portal Member
    February 19, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thank's for the reply. WiFi remote was there previously but it has't gone back in as yet.
    I started with tuning - and all the channels played fine in the preview window.
    I put IRSS on and eventually found a version that has a plugin for the client that works. STB blasting now goes better than ever.
    It's currently populating the Moving Pictures database so has been getting artwork etc for some hours now.
    I just copied in the TV-Series database and installed it. I haven't changed the path to that. It may be off getting artwork as well.
    It also has online-videos installed, but hasn't been opened yet.

eeknz

Portal Member
    February 19, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Update for anyone following along;
    Everything went much better after Moving Pictures had finished updating everything, but the TV would still crash the system eventually. Fault was in ffdshow audio. I've removed all codecs and reinstalled SAF and life is mostly better. Cyberlink codec for h264 TV isn't working, but the DTD one seems to be doing the job.
    Fingers crossed.
    Further update, everything is horrible. Volume doesn't work on movies but does on TV and music. TVNZ channels from Optus D1 that were there before are now missing and not present when scanned. However they will play if I import the settings from a backup. Still crashes intermittently on TV.
    Cleaned everything up and went back to 1.5. After importing channels from a backup everything below TV Servers is missing from TV Config.
    Box is pretty well hosed now.
    I guess it's time to start from the OS up and see how it goes.

eeknz

Portal Member
    February 19, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Starting from the OS up has gone very well. 1.6 installed to a clean build. New HVR-2210 installed.
    MySQL refused to download so I used MSSQL instead.
    The mystery of the missing DVB-S channels appears to have been that I have 10750 LNBs and MP appears to assume I have 11700 ones.
    I haven't installed any codecs at all and the typically difficult TV3 DVB-T channels are working just fine.
    Still gradually putting it all back together. I'll post anything else of interest that may be useful to someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom