1.8.0 Pre - Remote Clients fine, local client can not connect (1 Viewer)

Squatter

June 7, 2014
Home Country
Australia Australia
Have been using MediaPortal for about a year as 2nd TV on desktop PC plus remote laptop and tablet clients (using AmpDroid).

Everything was fine but at 1.7, client on desktop PC (which runs the TV server) can not connect to itself. Remote clients are fine. I let it slide and installed 1.8 pre-release thinking it may sort it out. It didnt.

Have checked mysql (and updated mysql which I use for other serious things anyway) and everything seems fine. Same user, password and host yet Mediaportal log on failing desktop PC says :

[2014-06-07 ...] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Utils: GetUsbHardDisks Error: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
[2014-06-07 ...] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Utils: GetUsbHardDisks Error: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
[2014-06-07 ...] [Log ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (CardByIndex) Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I need some hints on where to look. 8 Gb RAM, tons of RAM free, no USB drives connected. Tried right after reboot with nothing else running and same.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Squatter

Please could you supply us with the full log files.

mm

Squatter

June 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Tried re-installing as administrator - no change. Tried running MediaPortal client as administrator - IT WORKS and no errors in error log. Task manager "physical memory" goes from 78% to 79% when running. In device manager I do have one "unknown device" in "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" section but I can not work out what it is. There are no USB devices plugged in apart from wireless mouse. There is a USB3 add-on card (Renesas drivers) with nothing connected but it shows up correctly in device manager. Maybe MP is stumbling on this unknown device.

Note that I do have WinTV Live USB2 installed but USB dongle not connected. I used this to record all old VHS videos and only occasionally use now. I do use serviio to stream audio and video to TV and it is faultless.

Windows 7 Pro, 8 Gb RAM, 256Mb SSD, fully up-to-date, firewalled and anti-virused[DOUBLEPOST=1402185433][/DOUBLEPOST]Uninstalled unknown USB device and no change

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom