1.8 Upgrade failed (1 Viewer)

David Abineri

Portal Pro
July 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Version 1.7 was running perfectly, then tried to upgrade to 1.8 and all sorts of things happened.
1. It asked to upgrade MSQL and I said yes.
2. Got a message "Invalid File Halnde 32" during install
3. When installing Windows Media Player it says "NOT A WINDOWS OR DOS PROGRAM"
4. When trying to start the TV Server it says "Failed to Upgrade Data Base"

Can someone help me in getting 1.8 up and running, I am without any TV right now. Log attached.

Many thanks, Dave

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Please execute the following query in MySQL workbench:
    SQL:
    USE MpTvDb;ALTER TABLE canceledschedule ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE card ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE cardgroup ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE cardgroupmap ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE channel ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE channelgroup ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE channellinkagemap ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE channelmap ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE conflict ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE diseqcmotor ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE favorite ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE groupmap ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE history ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE keyword ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE keywordmap ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE pendingdeletion ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE personaltvguidemap ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE program ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE radiochannelgroup ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE radiogroupmap ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE recording CHANGE COLUMN fileName fileName VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;ALTER TABLE recording ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE satellite ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE schedule CHANGE COLUMN programName programName VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;ALTER TABLE schedule ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE server ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE setting ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE softwareencoder ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE timespan ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE tuningdetail ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE tvmoviemapping ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;ALTER TABLE version ENGINE=InnoDB ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;UPDATE version SET versionNumber=62 WHERE idVersion=1;
    Then check if the TvService is running and try again.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Thank you for this but, where is the MYSQL workbench? It is not among any of the programs I have.

Thanks again,
    Dave

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's a tool that normally comes with MySQL when you install it manually, but you can download it from here:
    http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/

After installation (can be done on any PC in the network), you open the tool, and you should see your MySQL Connections and the system listed where it's installed on. Click that connection and you should see something like this:
    MySQLWorkbench.png

Then you copy/paste the above query into a clean query window and hit the left lightning button to execute it.
    When it's done, you close the open tab with the X, and you type the following query in the empty window:
    SQL:
    show table status
    execute it (left lightning button again) which should return this:
    MySQLWorkbenchTableStatus.png

Then your TV database should be ok again and you can continue configuration.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Sorry for the trouble. Installed the Workbench, started it up but it wants a password everywhere I turn. What do I use for the password? I am not seeing the screen you show?

Thanks,
    Dave

Joutungwu

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "Failed to Upgrade Data Base"
    I also had exactly the same message while updating from 1.7.1 to 1.8.0. However the installation completed successfully. But afterwards starting the TV-Server failed by showing this message again. I didn't make an effort to work around that failure but solved it with a complete MP cleanup and reinstallation of MP 1.8.0. That could be also a final solution for you, if the other methods won't work. I know that could be a big effort too, depending on your configurations. :(

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I know that could be a big effort too, depending on your configurations.
    It shouldn't, just make a backup of this folder:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

MediaPortal.xml file contains all the configuration settings, and is the most important. Plugins also often put their configuration files in this folder, so for example if you use WorldWeather, you also make a backup of your WorldWeather.xml and after a clean install, you copy back those XML files and you're good to go again.
    The database and thumbs folders in there are important also, since that contains the databases for the (default) plugins that use a database (like MyVideo, MovingPictures, MyMusic, TVSeries, etc.)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Too bad that our upgrade is not working. Do we know the root cause?

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    I managed to get almost everything back in place after the 1.8 upgrade.

The only thing not working is my EPG, Schedules Direct. The user and password are in place, I have cecked to Relod On Startup and have re started several times but no program guide!

Can anyone help with this issue?

Many thanks to those who assisted in getting 1.8 up and running.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom