1.-Gen. Microsoft ir receiver- almost no function (1 Viewer)

Jonnyhendriksen

December 8, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello all!
Before tossing it in the trash i might just ask the community.
I got the old Microsoft ir receiver plugged in my Lenovo T61Win 7 Prof, Mediacenter/Portal installed combined with the Oneforall 7962.
So i tried code 1972, 0009 and 1272 on the media button of the remote.
The last code provided just one button to work- the mute button.
I am on the brink to order the ortek remote and receiver, since it should work with my fire tv as well.

Thanks for any non-insulting replies!

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Forget the ortek remote i have one, go for a flirc they are great as you can configure them to use any remote so you can continue to use your Oneforall 7962.
    Flirc works with nearly everything including firetv

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I got the old Microsoft ir receiver plugged in my Lenovo T61Win 7 Prof, Mediacenter/Portal installed combined with the Oneforall 7962. So i tried code 1972, 0009 and 1272 on the media button of the remote. The last code provided just one button to work- the mute button.
    I have the One-for-All 7960, which is identical to the 7962, apart from lacking the "Smart Motion" control. Code 1272 is the correct one to use. With my Microsoft-compatible Dell IR receiver, all buttons work on Windows Media Center without requiring further set-up.

However, with MediaPortal further set-up is required. Start "MediaPortal Configuration", and click "Remote" in the left side bar. On the "Microsoft MCE" tab, select "Use Microsoft MCE remote or keyboard". Then click "OK" to save the changes and exit to the desktop. Your 7962 should now work with both Windows Media Center, and MediaPortal.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom