100% CPU Useage under RC2 (1 Viewer)

Dordo

Portal Pro
December 3, 2004
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16)
MediaPortal Skin: Project X
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: Intel Pentium III - 994MHz
Memory: 383 MB
Motherboard: D815EE2U (Intel Corporation)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR150MCE
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: Latest (shspvr.com)
Video Card Model: Gigabyte Radeon 9200se Series (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: Latest
Video Card Resolution: 640x480
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: Creative SB Digital Music LX
Audio Card Driver: Latest
Synopsis::

Experiencing 100% CPU Useage when trying to do anything simple such as play an MP3 file or even use My Weather. Timeshifting and more intense tasks are unusable and granted while this is hardly the top of the line hardware, it has never been a problem in the past (inc RC1).

NOTE: This only seems to be a problem when MP is in focus, other times CPU useage is at a fairly normal level.

EDIT: I have already turned off the DVB EPG grabbing as for one its very heavy on processing I hear and secondly I live in Australia where it does not currently work. Also I am now using the intervideo codecs for both audio and video, tv seems considerably smoother when running in fullscreen but things like changing channels and stuff are still a big problem.

EDIT: I also just noticed, while I have just finished watching tv, watching a movie and listening to radio, Media Portal is currently doing nothing yet has a memory useage of 179 292K Is that normal? Surely not?

Dordo

Portal Pro
December 3, 2004
Guys ANY advice tips or hints would be much appreciated.
Over 150 views and not one tip, please feel free to contribute anything MP has become more or less unuseable in alot of ways due to this problem which as you can imagine is very very frustrating.
Thanks
Dordo

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

what video renderer do you use? Overlay or VMR9?

Try setting VMR9 for all plugins (TV, Movie, DVD).

Take a look into the logs /Team Media Portal/MediaPortal/Logs/ and post some parts.

Flip

Dordo

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2004
    VMR9.log
    Recorder.log
    Capture.log
    MediaPortal.log

Here is a copy of all the logs from simply starting Media Portal going to watch Television for a moment then changing channel which was a 2 miniute operation. With CPU levels through the roof.

I now am using VMR9 as I previously had in RC1 where it worked fine. I also confirmed that the monitor output was correct despite me not remembering touching the settings. There were no changes to the system between RC1 and RC2 so I am convinced the problem must lay with MP.

Anyone with any more input it would be very much appreciated. Thank you guys for the ideas put forth so far.

EDIT : I am also now using intervideo codecs as thats what I previously had and it has made ever so slight an improvement.

EDIT : Have since applied reg settings from this post and have updated to the newest drivers (2 days old) and still am having the same problem. Even skipping ahead in a video takes up to 30 seconds. The useage is still at 100% but only while MP is in focus. I think that bit is the key personally.

richber

Portal Member
    December 11, 2005
    Sometimes I had this problem. In the taskmanager I saw that there was some link between the activity of MediaPortal (Configuration.exe) and my
    antivirusprogram (GData). So I made an exception for the MediaPortal directory and since then I didn't see the 100% CPU usage anaymore.

Dordo

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2004
    I didn't have an anti-virus on my box until like 24 hrs ago just to check for that possibility exactly, thankfully it was clean. But it can't be the anti-virus cause it existed before and after I installed it. Thank you anyways. Merry Christmas

ed de bever

December 25, 2005
    Hello everbody.

I have got the same problem.
    The music shocks and the menu's were very slow.
    This is when i use the remote.

I have installed input Device Mapper plugin and configure it.
    when i disable this plugin i don't have any problems.

everything works great.
    no more 100% cpu usage.

i have tried older drivers from input Device Mapper. but stil has the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom