1080i deinterlacing not working with AMD 6450 (1 Viewer)

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2beta multiseat
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
    Windows Version: Win7 32bit SP1
    CPU Type: Core i3
    HDD: Supertalent Ultradrive me 64 GB
    Memory: 4GB DDR3 1066MHz
    Motherboard: ASUS P7H55M-PRO
    Video Card: Intel HD integrated/ASUS AMD 6450
    Video Card Driver: catalyst 11.5
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3: HDMI passthrough
    Sound Card Driver: latest
    1. TV Card: Digital Devices DuoFlex CT x 2
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: latest
    2. TV Card: Technisat Cablestar
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    2. TV Card Driver: latest
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MS
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MS
    h.264 Video Codec: MS
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Origen AE S10V
    Cooling: Scythe BIG Shuriken for CPU
    Power Supply: Antec NeoHE 430W
    Remote: Philips rc197 emulated by harmony 895
    TV: Toshiba 52ZF355D & Panasonic PT-AE3000
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI through onkyo tx-sr875

Hi

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with MP, but I'm posting this here because I'm using 1.2beta.

When I play 1080i .ts-files (recorded or live TV), every other frame is dropped and actual FPS is somewhere between 15-25 depending on CCC deinterlace settings (15 FPS when vector adaptive, almost 25 FPS when weave). SD deinterlacing works fine. These files/streams play just fine on core i3 integrated graphics with the same codecs, so it probably isn't a problem on the TV-server side. I tried ffdshow, MS and MPC, none worked. Everything worked just fine before I installed the AMD 6450.

Is the card so underpowered, that it can't deinterlace anything 1080i or what is going on?

:D:sorry:

Attachments

• deinterlace fail.png
      deinterlace fail.png
      806.9 KB

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The 6450 should be fine for at least motion adaptive deinterlacing of 1080i. Even a Radeon HD 4250 can handle that.

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    This can't do even weave at the moment...:rolleyes: So I really do think there is a major bug somewhere. Not necessarily in MP. VLC works perfectly with software deinterlacing (YADIFFx2).

Frank-NL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 23, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I upgraded my 5450 to a 6450 but even the 5450 could do VA deinterlacing. It just couldn't do anything more like image enhancement.

My 6450 is set to VA deinterlacing and I use all the default values for denoising, edge sharpening etc and that works quite okay (I do have other troubles at the moment with "Audio pts ahead Video Pts" for some HD channels, but that shouldn't be caused by the GPU I suppose).

Until last week I was using the MS-DTV codecs and now I'm using SAF6 unlocked with PDVD11. Both codecs give great results.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    slarti:

What is you 6450 GPU namufacturer? Dot tell me you buy the ASUS one (EAH6450 SILENT/DI/512MD3) . They made really strange one with 32bit BUS only, it is like 2x voodoo3 in SLI (to play Quake1) :D

Frank-NL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 23, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah there are big differences when it comes to cards using the 6450 GPU. I got the Club3D passive version, the only one I've seen with 128 bit memory bandwith.

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    @slarti:

What is you 6450 GPU namufacturer? Dot tell me you buy the ASUS one (EAH6450 SILENT/DI/512MD3) . They made really strange one with 32bit BUS only, it is like 2x voodoo3 in SLI (to play Quake1) :D

For f&¤%'s sake!:mad: That's the one. Guess I'm taking it back to the store... I'll have to try SAF before I do that, though. Thanks for the info, wish I'd heard it sooner:(

Edit: Would the ASUS 1GB version work with the 64-bit memory interface? I might be able to get that one fast.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    @slarti:

For f&¤%'s sake!:mad: That's the one. Guess I'm taking it back to the store... I'll have to try SAF before I do that, though. Thanks for the info, wish I'd heard it sooner:(

Edit: Would the ASUS 1GB version work with the 64-bit memory interface? I might be able to get that one fast.

Get for example SAPPHIRE HD 6450 512MB DDR3.
    1GB RAM is useless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom