2 clients watching same IPTV channel with only 1 IPTV card? (1 Viewer)

propergol

Portal Member
November 14, 2015
near Cognac
Home Country
France France
Hello,
It seems that with only 1 IPTV card on the Server I can't get 2 clients whatching the same IPTV channel at the same time. (using Kodi clients)
I thought that it could be possible since only one rstp stream is used as both client are on the same channel.

Can someone help?

Nervesagent

Portal Pro
February 26, 2014
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
This is something ive never been able to solve as well...
I think it may work in owlsroast version,since that does support place shifting but never tried.

propergol

Portal Member
November 14, 2015
near Cognac
Home Country
France France
owlsroast version
What is it? o_O

I forget to say that I did give a test to Dvblink and it works : 2 clients can watch same channel at the same time with only 1 IPTV.

With Mediaportal, it works but only fornon-IPTV tunners : it use the same tunner for 2 clients on the same channel.

Last edited:

propergol

Portal Member
November 14, 2015
near Cognac
Home Country
France France
What's the problem? Add more IPTV cards.
Thanks, but I did already tried.
The problem is that the second card playing the same channel as the first one is "seen" by my Internet provider as 2 separate data streams.
Since its limit is 2 streams, a third client can't play an other (or the same) channel.

propergol

Portal Member
November 14, 2015
near Cognac
Home Country
France France
So should I assume that 2 clients watching the same IPTV channel are in fact using 2 streams and this is a normal behavior?
Please let me know.

propergol

Portal Member
November 14, 2015
near Cognac
Home Country
France France
So should I assume that 2 clients watching the same IPTV channel are in fact using 2 streams and this is a normal behavior?
Yes, it is normal. Probably caused by a bug...
oh! glad to read that (y)
I have zero developpement skill but can we assume that since TVServer works perfectly with DVB-T tunner (2 clients on same channel use only 1 tunner), it would be then easy to fix for IPTV cards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom