2 ideas for MyTV (1 Viewer)

cheffe97

Portal Pro
August 10, 2004
Berlin, Germany
Hi,
2 things that came to my mind (and weren't hopefully requested before..)

1. In the bottom OSD (fullscreen tv) it would be nice to have a "swap" button (represented by 2 arrows forming a cycle), that brings u to the last watched channel. This would be useful when u want to watch 2 shows (or 1 show while there r commercials on the other programm u want to watch) and want to switch between those 2 programms.

2. More complicated, so lemme describe a scenario. (I hate zapping).
So when I want to change a channel I now go to the epg, check what's on atm, select a show and go back to fullscreen.
Would be cool if there would be an option (like "now on air") in the middle osd (fullscreen tv) that opens a new narrow menu at the right side of the screen showing station name, (logo?), and what's on there atm. Clicking on an entry tunes to that station. The menu could be transparent(?). This for me would be zapping "de Luxe". :)
With the osd timeout this menu would disappear again.

Lemme know what u think about it.
cheers
cheffe

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    I like both your ideas!

Ad 1: It might be necessary to program a time check: Lets say you watch
    channel 1
    than zap channel 1 -> channel 2 -> channel 3
    later you want to go back to channel 1.

Last channel watched would be channel 2, even if it is only for 1 second during zapping. So maybe it has to be the last channel watched for at least 30 seconds, or so.

Geetz

tomtom

cheffe97

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Hi tomtom,
    yeah sounds good :)
    maybe a timecheck of 10secs is enough. Should not be too long cause when there r commercials on one channel I frequently switch back to check if it is over.

Now we just need one of the devs who likes the ideas too....
    Maybe corl wants to jump in? :wink:

cheers
    cheffe

MediaTobiPortal

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2004
    INTREST INTREST INTREST

I´m very interested !!!

Can´t wait for it.

I think the timing function with 10 or 30 or however seconds is not very important, but going back to the last watched programm would be very useful and of course with you suggested timeing option it would be awesome. Even my old TV ist able to go back, so MP should be able aswell. And I don´t think it´s too much to programm. But I´m sorry, I´m not able to do it myself.

Maybe Frodo or MrMario will help us soon.

jdiffend

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2005
    I'm not sure if this would be what you'd wan't or not but...
    My DishNetwork Dishplayer has a couple way of navigating recent channels.

For the last channel you use the recall button. It lets you go back and forth between two channels. You'd need a remote that has a button you could assign this feature to.

And for the last 6 channels it has a screen that comes up when you hit the Recent button (I think that's it). It brings up 6 screen snapshots that came from when you changed from that channel last. With Media Portal it could have the last channels tuned showing live. The number of channels shown would depend on how many tuners you have. Then you just move the box to the one you want to go back to and select it.

ssubo

Portal Member
    January 15, 2005
    Channel recall?

Which is the key for MP to go back to the previous channel? Is there any recall key or shortcut?

Thanks,

Ssubo

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Channel recall?

ssubo said:
    Which is the key for MP to go back to the previous channel? Is there any recall key or shortcut?
    There is no implementation for that (yet).

Poussun

Portal Member
    November 29, 2004
    Luxembourg
    very good idea :)

The best of breed feature for zapping could be the availability of 'live playlists'.

Example : use of 4 add. buttons : red, green, blue, white

While zapping, I can select channels and map them to specific color buttons.
    And after that, swtch from normal zapping to playlist-zapping (with my 1 to 4 selected channels)

I dream, I dream... :)

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Poussun said:
    Example : use of 4 add. buttons : red, green, blue, white
    Depending on what kind of remote you got, you'd run into trouble then. On the MCE and on the Hauppauge remotes these buttons are already mapped to some vital functions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom