2 Instances of MyTVSeries (1 Viewer)

onatah

Portal Member
July 16, 2011
Vienna
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hello,

quick question: Is it somehow possible to have 2 instances of this plugin installed at the same time?

Background: I use TVSeries to manage my "regular" Shows which works fine.
I also have a lot of Documentaries which i want to keep seperate from the "regular" Shows, so i watch them using the basic MP-Menue.

The idea now would be to have 2 Entries in the MP-Main-Menu:
> TV Series - Database 1: "Regular" Shows
> Documentaries - Database21: Documentary

Any chance of getting this to work?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hello,

quick question: Is it somehow possible to have 2 instances of this plugin installed at the same time?

Background: I use TVSeries to manage my "regular" Shows which works fine.
    I also have a lot of Documentaries which i want to keep seperate from the "regular" Shows, so i watch them using the basic MP-Menue.

The idea now would be to have 2 Entries in the MP-Main-Menu:
    > TV Series - Database 1: "Regular" Shows
    > Documentaries - Database21: Documentary

Any chance of getting this to work?

MediaPortal v1.2.x allows you to launch MP-TVSeries directly into a specific 'View' via hyperlink parameters. You can do this via buttons on basicHome, or buttons in hidden menu. Some fancy skins give you a skin and/or basicHome editor to make this process very easy, but it's not very complicated to do this to any skin manually.

Then all you have to do is create a Documentary view that shows your Docus which at the same time filters those away from the regular shows (you will have to stop using the "All" view then of course as that one will show everyhing, but that is easy to disable).

An easy way for the 'non-docu' shows to appear would be to use the 'No View' view. That way any show tagged to the 'Docu' view will only show when you manually switch to the 'Docu' view (or directly via the hyperlink buttons), and any other show will remain in the 'No View' one, as it has nothing tagged (or you can create other views as well to split things up even more).

It is also possible to launch MP-TVSeries into view selection, so that you will be able to select between the views you have created when it starts (very simelair to how MovingPictures works with categories enabled). This however disables the PIN-code protection system at the time, so keep that in mind.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I can't find that "no view" view Where is it? Or how do I create it?
    Thanks

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I can't find that "no view" view Where is it? Or how do I create it?
    Thanks

It's a default view, check in the templates otherwise when you add a new view.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I can't find it in templates either

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I can't find it in templates either

Not sure how I ended up with it myself then, maybe it was default on an older version, because I'm 99% sure I did not create it myself (then again memory is not what it used to be).

Anyway, if you do not mind SQLite tool editing of the database, then the "No View" in question that I use is:

series<;><Series.ViewTags>;=;<;><;><nextStep>season<;><;><Season.seasonIndex>;asc<;><nextStep>episode<;><;><Episode.EpisodeIndex>;asc<;>​

If you just create a new view "TEST" inside MP-TVSeries config, then close it, and open the "TVSeriesDatabase4.db3" file with an SQLite editor such as SQLite Browser or SQLite Expert Personal and then switch to 'Views' table, select the "TEST" view you created and replace the pseudo SQL data string with the
    Code:
     one above (and rename the view to what you want) and close/save, you will be all set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom