2 IR Server Problems (1 Viewer)

raf

Portal Pro
January 23, 2005
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
I'm having some problems trying to get the IR server working correctly on TV3 with Vista32:

1. when I restart my PC on startup I get a message "the IR server has stopped working" and I need to restart it again and it runs fine. Logs don't indicate a problem just says server has closed down but no reason given.

2. When blasting if I look at LED's either 1 or 2 blasts (3 digit channels) are short & the STB doesn't register them but sometimes all 3 work. When using serverblaster on WinXP works fine everytime.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey,

For number 1 could you supply a screen capture of the error?

For number 2 I'd recommend trying again with the next version and relearning your IR commands, perhaps holding the button a little longer when teaching it. It's only a day or two away now.

Cheers,

raf

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2005
    Sydney, AUSTRALIA
    I've attached a screenshot, I have a Foxtel Digital box so I used the quick setup for the commands, all of the commands work by themselves in the setup and also testing changing channels in the configuration works fine.

raf

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2005
    Sydney, AUSTRALIA
    I've tried the new server and the same problems occur, to stop it from getting the startup error if I tell it not to start when windows starts and put the IR server in the Startup folder it works ok.

The short blasts still occur on more than half of the channel changes, even learning the commands and not using the quick foxtel digital setup it still happens, testing individual digits works everytime in the setup but testing using 3 digits fails most times with the quick foxtel setup but with the learned commands testing with 3 digits works almost everytime, same problem occurs if I try it out on the same machine running XP. If this can't be sorted out I'll have to revert back to XP so I can use serverblaster which works perfectly.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you a special test version that will either fix your problem or at least create some more detailed reports to help me fix it.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom