2 Mods for Nonafo skin (1 Viewer)

May 25, 2006
Hi All, long time lurker, first time poster.

I’ve been having a bit of a play around with the Nonafo skin and made a few mods. I’ll post a couple today, if people are interested I can post the rest at a later date. I did them pretty quickly, in a couple of hours so I have NOT done any extensive or systematic testing to see if they work with all plug-ins. I’m pretty sure there will be some problems. I don’t really have much time on my hands so can’t guarantee I can fix things, but let me know problems and I’ll do my best.

The first Mod is called Nonafo Dark Matter its for all of you who like your skins dark.

There are two version for download. A largish one for people who haven’t got the original Nonafo skin.

http://www.savefile.com/files/9074660

And a small one for people who do:

http://www.savefile.com/files/5664030

The second Mod is Nonafo Wood. Basically like all amateurs who find the texture function in Photoshop, I decide to make a woodgrain skin. Not hugely original but it came out better than I expected.

Again there are two version for download. A largish one for people who haven’t got the original Nonafo skin.

http://www.savefile.com/files/8622530

And a small one for people who do:

http://www.savefile.com/files/3106831

The screen shots contain a different CD Case image to the one that is packaged at the minute. That’s because I don’t yet have permission to use it. It’s a transparent png from the great piece of software CD Art Displayer. It’s a free software so I’ve sent an email to the creator to see if there is any chance I can use it. Not sure the likelihood of getting a yes, but I’ll let you know if I do and post it and the modified xmls (which draw the cd case over the art instead of the other way around). If anyone with some artistic skill wants to try and make a cd case like this instead that would be great. Also if anyone has suggestion for what to do with the TV preview let me know (the old fashioned tv looks pretty strange particularly with the space theme)

A big thanks to Mofux for all his hard work on the Nonafo skin. If people start using these skins I’ll update them when the final version of Nonafo comes out.

Use the nonafo setup program to modify the skin to your needs.

Check out the Nonafo thread for details on how to run the skin.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=12799&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Enjoy!!!

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I think they both look great.... even if I don't use them. I want to thank you for taking the time and effort for creating these mods... I am sure many people will be greatfull for them!

I suggest you upload them to the main MP site with screen shots. This way people we will able to download them when they hit the site and don't need to find this forum post.

The more plugins, skins, mods, extra's MP has the better :)

May 25, 2006
    Thanks for the great feedback everyone. So it looks like i should just focus on my first mod Dark matter, not the wood one. That's good coz its the one i like too.

I'm waiting for a final version of the original Nonafo before i post a new version.

My focus for the next release then will be.
    - Designing a Tv that fits better with the theme
    - Checking the skin with the various plugins and making sure it looks right
    - Fixing the transparency settings so the background isn't visible through the objects (photos, movies, etc)
    - Looking for unreadable dark text and changing it to a colour that is readable

I've finally figured out how to make my own semi-transparent cd case. So that will be included in the next version. Pretty similar to the one picture in the first post, but based on the cd case from the nonafo skin.

A few question for anyone who uses it or want to use it
    - Should I stick with the space images in the background, or is it just the colour scheme that people like?
    - Is it easy enough to see what is being selected? Many people gave the feedback to nonafo's designer mofux that it was hard to see what had been selected. I tried to rectify this by making the selection darken the whole button including the outside circle (nonafo just did the inner image) this works fine on my monitor but does it work for other people?
    - Anyone know any good libraries of free images? I keep finding stuff that would look great but it's copyright.

Thanks

stormbringer

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2004
    Thanks for your good work ´til now.
    BUT - why didn´t you work together with mofux. The transparency faults are known. I think it would be a big kick to work together and finished the base of the theme - then we could do mods or have it as it is.
    Just think it over dude.

May 25, 2006
    stormbringer said:
    Thanks for your good work ´til now.
    BUT - why didn´t you work together with mofux. The transparency faults are known. I think it would be a big kick to work together and finished the base of the theme - then we could do mods or have it as it is.
    Just think it over dude.
    Its funny you say that, coz just a few minutes ago I sent my new cd case image and xmls to mofux and he's going to put it in the next release of nonafo. We also agreed that I i'll contribute any xmls i work on that he hasn't yet got to.:)

The reason I haven't been working more consistantly with mofux, is to be honest, i'm new to the skinning process. This mod was part of my learning process. I think as i get better with writing the xmls i'll contribute more to the base nonafo skin. But i'm still a newbie when it comes to skinning and mofux has enough to do without correcting all the mistakes of a part time skinner.

Unfortunately I also don't have much time on my hands this mod is something i can tinker with when i've got a moment, having people waiting on me to finish to a deadline is not really something i want.

But as i say i will be sharing anything useful i do with mofux, and contribute as best as i can to the base skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom