2 tuners two different guides? (1 Viewer)

carshowman

Portal Member
February 13, 2007
Hi

1st i'd like to say that the software you created is pretty cool.

I have a dual tuner system and I am stumped on how I can use two giude.xml files...

I want to use one for one tuner and the other xml is for the second tuner svideo input.

I already have two xml files created with different guide data one for local cable and the second for sat.

I have all the channels already in the software but I can only see one path to tvguide.xml in the config

does the software support multiple guides for tuners?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I don't think you can currently do it like that.

Why do you need two guides?
    It should work pretty well with the following setup:
    Map some channels to tuner1
    Map others channels to tuner2
    View one guide in MP
    Record/View a channel and MP will automatically select the tuner to use.

Just combine the two xml files (obeying xml rules!!) and it should work.

Please explain if this will not work for you.

Good luck

carshowman

Portal Member
    February 13, 2007
    thank you for your reply

I no nothing about xml rules or things like that or even how to merge the two files and I need to have that auto for guide updates.

I have two sources and one is a yapi2xml source and the other is a zap2xml source and I need to have both working independently.

I tricked mediaportal into displaying both guides by changing the tvguide.xml paths and adding channels that way and so far i have 2 guides together with 14 days of data.

i do not know how I will update these guides or if I will need to remove all the channels to update the guides again and thus go through 400+ channels manually changing the source input to svhs.

any help would be greatly appreciated or even if you could point me to the right path and I will try to learn what I need to learn

cheers

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I don't know anything about yapi2xml or zap2xml.

If you want I can give you pointers to manually combine them. If it works, you can maybe use something like autoit to automate the steps.

If you want to try it, zip the 2 files together and post here.

Sidenote - I have not yet used WEBEPG, but if you want to read up on it, it might also solve your problem. Not sure...

See this thread by level20peon for some guidelines on webepg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom