2 TV's and 1 MP? (1 Viewer)

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just moved into an apartment and just got a 2nd tv, i would like to get a 3rd for my other room, much later though. I have MP set up on a dedicated computer in 1 room. I would like to have MP on my other TV but dont want to get another computer. So would it be possible to set up my 1 machine to output on 2 screens and have MP on both of them. I currently have an nvidia 6200 (i think) graphics card. I guess i could set it up so that it displays one thing on both monitors but then run into a problem. How could i handle the sound and remote? I would prefer to have 2 different desktops, but if i did that could i run MP 2 times (i would install it in 2 different directories) but i dont think it would open a 2nd time. If it did, how would i handle the sound? I have a 2nd TV card so i could configure the 2nd MP to use the 2nd video card.

Has anyone else tried this? What other problems could i run into?

rolls1400

Portal Pro
August 26, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well this wont solve the 2 MP thing..
Before I found mediaportal and built a HTPC i bought a media streaming device (mg-35) which plugged in to my tv and my network. it didnt have recording or pause live tv but it allowed me to access all the content on my shared folders (music,movies,pictures). I now use this as a secondary unit and it gets the job done.

More info
mediagate mg-35
mediagate 350 (wireless)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom