23.976 and 24 fps video jitter/stutter with EVR (but not VMR9) (1 Viewer)

Lloyd Foxe

May 17, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Edit: Please delete: turns out the problem was a background VNC connection. Gah!

Here's the problem: With dynamic refresh plugin enabled (set for 23=23, 24=24 etc, per defaults), it changes the refresh rate of the video card as expected -- but it seems playback skips a frame every second or so -- this is really obvious during a slow pan as it "jumps" or stutters or whatever roughly once per second.

Mediaportal's render stats (shift 1) is shows the problem graphically:

30shm2u.png

A freind has a similar setup, and his red, green and yellow lines are all flat, with smooth playback -- but I can't figure out what is causing this on my setup.

If I change the renderer to VMR9 instead of EVR, the problem goes away (but other bugs seem to creep in -- OSD doesn't work 100%, and mediaportal's video list GUI has elements offset, partially off the screen), and I can't get the above render graph in this mode.

My mediaportal PC: Intel E8400 (Core2 duo, 2 cores @ 3ghz), NVidia GF210, 3gb RAM, windows 7 SP1.

Attached are the debug logs when playing a file using the EVR renderer.

What should I do to make the EVR play 23.976 content smoothly?

Edit: forgot to mention: Single monitor (Panasonic Plasma), and i've followed the Stuttering Guide with no differences there.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for reporting the solution (y)
    We generally leave threads like this, just in case other people have similar problems in the future. People can learn from your solution. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom