24fps videos/Blu-Rays shuttering every 5 seconds [a solution] (1 Viewer)

Joaquin

Portal Member
December 28, 2013
Home Country
Spain Spain
When playing 24fps videos (mostly blu-rays) MediaPortal dropped 1 frame every 5 seconds. This makes impossible to watch movies that use smooth panning camera movements. For example, the very main scenes of WALL-E.

I had this problem and I just want to share the solution that worked to me. I don't know the exact origin of the problem, just found the solution after yesterday I spent many hours testing codecs, configurations and all sort of optimizacions.

Just enter to MediaPortal configuration and navigate to General > Dynamic Refresh Rate settings.

Delete the CINEMA setting that has "frame rate" of 23.976 and a "refresh rate" of 24.

If it does not exist, add a CINEMA24 setting entering "24" in both the "frame rate" and "refresh rate" columns.

This makes the job. It may not be the best solution but it is the only one that worked for me. It seemed that MediaPortal detected that a 24fps blu-ray had a 23.976 frame rate, which was incorrect, and the internal player had to drop 1 frame every 5 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom