24P HW Support? (1 Viewer)

casperse

Portal Member
January 19, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi All

I havent found a answer to this Q anywhere.... Does the new 1 version support hardware playback of 24P ?
I love XBMC but I am missing 2 things TV recording and HW support for 1080/24P playback and this looks like the Holy Gral of media centers (-; even the skin looks like XBMC and Media stream skin support I love it....

But can it support HW playback of 1080/24P files....?

Thanks! :D

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yes and no.

Currently HW acceleration is possible without the use of subtitles. If you have subs, it falls back on software decoding.
This entire issue is due to the codecs and graphicscard drivers. All needs to be improved, especially the latter. ATI + NVidia drivers are both not yet 100% reliable with the use of the hardware acc. (DXVA). I myself have a ATI 4350. I use DXVA without subtitles ans software decoding with subs. It works most of the times.

You mention 1080p/24fps. This is ofcourse depending on the format. VC1 + H.264 come in different versions. Some work better than others with DXVA (maybe even some dont work at all with dxva??). I always thought the FPS of the mediafile played has nothing much to do with that. But I have been proven wrong before.

woddog

Portal Pro
November 28, 2007
Townsville, QLD
Home Country
If you mean can it play 1080p24 files using the built in player, using hardware acceleration, then the answer is yes.

I have some 1080p24 .MKV's and they play fine using HA (also the .mts files play fine too). The only thing you may need to tinker with is using the auto refresh rate changer (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/automatic-refreshrate-changer-44338/) to get proper 24hz playback, if judder is a problem for you.

Hope that answers your Question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom