2nd time corrupt database issue in a month (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. No would be very time consuming to manually exclude ended shows (or is this just a tick box)

2. Timers will be set to default - Delay initial import by 30 secs / Scan remote shares every 5 minutes.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    1. It is actually not "that" bad.
    • open MP-TVSeries config
    • go to "Details" tab
    • select first show
    • look for the "Show status" field of "Ended"
    • use your left hand (if you are right handed with your mouse) to hit the down arrow key until you see a show that is "Ended"
    • right click on the series name that will be highlighted/selected in blue and left click on "Ignore on Scan"
    • use the down arrow key to locate next show, and rinse and repeat.
    It is pretty much quick monkey work once you have done a couple.

Of course YMMV :)

PS: I made it a feature request to do this automatic a couple of years ago, but it was never an urgent matter. If it becomes a solution for this corruption issue, then might be time for damien to revisit my request :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    not quite so keen to do that bc..

1. everytime i do a mepo upgrade i purge the databases and start everything fresh. it's quite easy as everything i have is perfectly named, and all the movies have a movie.nfo with imdb# in the same folder.

2. have a lot of tv (getting close to 6tb)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    2. have a lot of tv (getting close to 6tb)

Well the "ignore on scan" setting it at show level, but you might have more then the roughly 600 shows that I have in mine. Takes me about 3 minutes to go through my entire collection, and configure more than half to do the "ignore on scan" on. Once a year I'll recheck my entire collection, incase shows I kept changed their status. Once you have done the entire collection once, maintenance is much less important due to the much smaller delta.

Of course I never redo my database, except when I am forced to like on that forced power shutdown. Was still able to rely on a backup, but that was a manual backup of like a month old (before the auto-backup script I use now), and of course it was "before" I had done a major 'view' reshuffle (who needs backups right?), so it still costed me a lot of time. It is all that time I put into customizing my database that I do not want to redo. The re-assignment of shows into one or more views is really a lot of work afterwards when you have build up the structure over years on each show individually.

If you do not want to do the work, and still have the risk of corruption (this is all still guesswork that the "ignore on scan" lowering of the import load is a solution to begin with), you can always rely on my script to do the backups automatic and restore the last good backup immediatly when corruption is detected. That is good to have anyway, as it also fixes hardware issue corruption causes such as a bad sector, or power loss that no MP-TVSeries update could solve.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    In reply to the other response. My import delay on boot is 5 minutes, so that MovPic and all the other plugins are done and I have already started watching something. Refresh timer is set to 17 minutes, so that it doesn't need to run that often, but will always complete before what I am watching at that moment is done. The key part obviously is that I allow imports to happen during playback.

In rare cases when I can not wait the 5 minutes, then I simply manually force an import the moment I open MP-TVSeries.

Still it should work with your settings, your system is probably fast enough to be totally done on all the other plugins within 30 seconds. Wouldn't hurt to check though, as what @mm1352000 suggested makes sense as well as a possible cause if there is a high activity on the SQLite interface from both MovPic plugin and MP-TVSeries plugin at the same time. And I know MovPic goes crazy on start when you did not sort out your entire collection properly. Easy to verify though, because the log shows it in detail with a nice "finished" message when it is totally done:

Info [ FileSyncProcess]: File maintenance finished. (0 seconds)
    Info [UpdateArtworkProcess]: Background artwork updater process complete.​

Curious to know if that is finished before MP-TVSeries goes crazy when the 30 seconds are over.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Why not save? ;)

If you have a copy form your corrupted database, please share me for internal testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom