joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.21

Description
    1) After playing a 3D video (.mkv/mvc) the refresh rate remains on 23hz i.e. it does not return to the default setting which it does in MP 1.20, this causes navigation to be jerky. After playing a non 3D BD video with a refresh rate of 23hz the refresh rate does return to default.

2) With the MP Config/General/Volume Settings "Hide Windows OSD" setting enabled (boxed ticked) MP will intermittently loose sound on resume from sleep, in this condition any attempt to play any form of audio (music,TV, video etc.) results in MP freezing and requiring Task Manager to close it (MP is shown as inactive but using 7-8% cpu), on MP restart all is OK. This problem does not appear if the Windows volume OSD is not hidden. When this problem appears, audio from windows is still working and all is apparently normal in the Windows Sound Settings.

3) After resuming from sleep, on the first attempt to play video (Live TV, Recorded TV, Movie, Series, etc.) the display very briefly flashes (less than a second) of playback then returns to the menu, all subsequent attempts to play video are then successful.

All the above were found with Madvr in use, I did not try with the MP std renderer. MP is also configured to use LAV for everything and all audio is via the default sound device (Denon AVR via HDMI).

Steps to Reproduce:
    As described in the text.

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just a passing comment to say I am running 1.21 with no problem at all using EVR and LAV rather than MadVR. I tried MadVR briefly, both with its refresh changer and with the MP one. With MadVR I found playback of TV very slightly jerky and saw absolutely no benefit whatsoever in the picture quality. I think PQ is hugely dependant on your TV. I have a recent Samsung QLED and think the upscaling and colour reproduction is superb. I also have audio via an external amp (Sony in my case) and also pass video that way. Again, tried sending video direct to the TV rather than via the amp but saw no benefit whatsoever.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a passing comment to say I am running 1.21 with no problem at all using EVR and LAV rather than MadVR.

Just tested and can confirm that problem #3 also happens when using EVR. Problem #1 requires Madvr, EVR does not support 3D. Problem #2 is intermittent but since it's audio related seems unlikely to be a specific Madvr problem.
    I never noticed any of these issues with MP 1.20 also using Madvr with the same setup.

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In the attached log an example of Problem #3 (2 clicks required on TVguide) occured at 08:18 this morning following a resume from sleep immediately prior to that. Following that I played a 3D .mkv (Ant Man, also at 08;18) and stopped it to show Problem #1, refresh rate remained at 23hz untill I closed MP to collect the logs. Problem #2 logs can be found here in a post on the specific issue.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_21_02_19__08_20.zip
      2.3 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom