3 digits in TV Guide (1 Viewer)

rich776

Portal Member
November 27, 2004
Hello folks,

It's been awhile since I've posted and I am really enjoying MediaPortal. I can't wait to see what the final version of 0.2 looks like.

I have a request. When I am in the TV Guide view and I try to go to channel 145 (example) MP takes me to channel 14. It will not recognize 3 digits in TV Guide mode. Is there a fix for this?

I would really like to get this working.

Thanks,
rich776

kaliatech

Portal Member
September 28, 2005
Hello,

I think you'll need to provide more info. When you say:

I am in the TV Guide view and I try to go to channel 145

Do you mean that you are selecting channel 145 in the TVGuide and you expect your TV to display that channel? (Versus navigation to that channel's information in the TVGuide).

If so, I think you'll probably need to explain how you've setup and are using the tuner card or if you are actually controlling a settop box.

Are you sure its not accepting three digit channels? Or is it that the channel you are typing in (or whatever) is not coming up per what you expect? If you find that its not actually a three digit problem, then it might be because you are expecting "logical channel numbers"? When you type in a channel number in MP currently though, it will give you the nth channel that you have setup. This makes sense to some and not to others...depends on your setup and where you live. I think. More info here if that sounds similar to your problem:
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7974

Just some guesses. Need more info probably.

elihunter

Portal Member
November 16, 2005
I am also having the same problem. I can change to any channel while watching full screen but I can put in 2 digit channels on the guide.

rich776

Portal Member
November 27, 2004
Hi Kaliatech,

This issue is only occuring when in the TV guide mode. When I am watching full screen TV, I can enter three digits and change channels. When I am in the TV guide screen (no tv) and I would like to see what is listed for channel 101, I can only enter 10 and I get the tenth channel on the list. I cannot not go directly to 101st channel on the list or any 3 digit channel.

Thanks,
Rich776

elihunter

Portal Member
November 16, 2005
I found the problem. I'm not a programmer but I tried to find it anyways. I found this section under GUITVGuide.cs and changed from this

Code:
    void OnKeyCode(char chKey)
    {
      if (chKey >= '0' && chKey <= '9') //Make sure it's only for the remote
      {
        TimeSpan ts = DateTime.Now - m_timeKeyPressed;
        if (m_strInput.Length >= 2 || ts.TotalMilliseconds >= 800)
        {
          m_strInput = String.Empty;
        }
        m_timeKeyPressed = DateTime.Now;
        if (chKey == '0' && m_strInput.Length == 0) return;
        m_strInput += chKey;
        if (m_strInput.Length == 2)
to this

Code:
    void OnKeyCode(char chKey)
    {
      if (chKey >= '0' && chKey <= '9') //Make sure it's only for the remote
      {
        TimeSpan ts = DateTime.Now - m_timeKeyPressed;
        if (m_strInput.Length >= 3 || ts.TotalMilliseconds >= 800)
        {
          m_strInput = String.Empty;
        }
        m_timeKeyPressed = DateTime.Now;
        if (chKey == '0' && m_strInput.Length == 0) return;
        m_strInput += chKey;
        if (m_strInput.Length == 3)

now I can change to a channel with 3 digts. I'll post this in the developer forum too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom