3 questions, UK age ratings, blu-ray covers and different logos (1 Viewer)

Rbentley100

Portal Pro
December 6, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I am loving moving pictures and nearly have everything how I would like it ( and even nearly there ripping all my dvds)

However there are some things I am still unsure on.

1. Movie box sets (i.e. all James Bond films together) I understand moving pictures doesn't support htis yet, but there is an issue raised against this, does anyone know if this is being developed or not?

2. UK ratings as opposed to US. i.e. 18,15,12,PG,U. As well as just translating them, is there any way to load an image file in their place? i.e. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ct0XMPFy7ls/TV0XUOpcNfI/AAAAAAAAAHs/vf869fkTeig/s1600/18certificate.png

3. Identifying between blu-ray and dvd On my cover art (I use list view) can I make the cover a blu-ray, a dvd or a HD-DVD cover somehow? (I have seen this done on coverflow view modes). Also logos for the different sound types (Dolby True HD, DTS master HD, Dolby Digital) Can I load different logos of my choosing in?

Thanks in advance guys

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1. Movie box sets (i.e. all James Bond films together) I understand moving pictures doesn't support htis yet, but there is an issue raised against this, does anyone know if this is being developed or not?
    There are 2 ways to do this:
    1. Create a movie categorie for those movies.
    2. Use the IMDb+ plugin/scraper to group those movies together.

2. UK ratings as opposed to US. i.e. 18,15,12,PG,U. As well as just translating them, is there any way to load an image file in their place? i.e. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ct0XMPFy7ls/TV0XUOpcNfI/AAAAAAAAAHs/vf869fkTeig/s1600/18certificate.png
    The IMDb+ plugin can also be used for this. It has an option to use the UK rating/certification system.

3. Identifying between blu-ray and dvd On my cover art (I use list view) can I make the cover a blu-ray, a dvd or a HD-DVD cover somehow? (I have seen this done on coverflow view modes). Also logos for the different sound types (Dolby True HD, DTS master HD, Dolby Digital) Can I load different logos of my choosing in?

Thanks in advance guys
    Logo's for the different sound types should be available. MediaInfo reads the files and reports the resolution, videocodec, audiocodec and the availability of subtitles present. How they're being displayed is also depending on your skin.
    There is a MOD for cover templates based on source (if i'm correct). You can find the thread here.

Rbentley100

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2011
    Home Country

Thank you. These are getting closer. However my understanding of these 2 options are:

1. I cannot create a catagory that has both subcatagories and films at the same level. I.e. Browse all my films, but then be able to go into a sub folder called star wars. Within this folder all 6 star wars films will be listed.

i.e.

About a Boy
    Back to the Future
    . Back to the Future
    . ....
    . Back to the Future Part III
    Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
    Star Trek
    . Start Trek
    . .....
    . Star Trek XI
    Star Wars
    . Star Wars episode I
    . .....
    . Star Wars episode VI
    Swordfish
    Taken
    Wall-e

Or is this possible via catagories?

2. This puts the films next to each other but still doesnt create a sub folder I believe?

The IMDb+ plugin can also be used for this. It has an option to use the UK rating/certification system.

That looks great Ill give that a go :)

Thanks. Although I imagine it wont give me the image for 18, just the numbers?

Logo's for the different sound types should be available. MediaInfo reads the files and reports the resolution, videocodec, audiocodec and the availability of subtitles present. How they're being displayed is also depending on your skin.
    There is a MOD for cover templates based on source (if i'm correct). You can find the thread here.

THis looks nice :) ill give this a go.

Thanks

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1. I cannot create a catagory that has both subcatagories and films at the same level. I.e. Browse all my films, but then be able to go into a sub folder called star wars. Within this folder all 6 star wars films will be listed.

Or is this possible via catagories?
    Nope, not possible, but you could solve that by creating a Main Category called 'Movies' and add subcategories to that like 'All Movies', 'Star Wars', etc.
    That way you have all movies available on the first subcategory and your boxsets seperated in the categories below that.

2. This puts the films next to each other but still doesnt create a sub folder I believe?
    Indeed, subfolders (a.k.a. categories) need to be made manually.

That looks great Ill give that a go :)

Thanks. Although I imagine it wont give me the image for 18, just the numbers?
    Depends on your skin. I'm using StreamedMP and for the US ratings they use images to display the G, NC-17, PG, PG-13 & R rating. Not sure if any skin already uses the UK Rating images, since that certification system has been implemented recently in IMDb+ plugin.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I actually accumulated most of the English rating systems (5 alongside MPAA) logo images at the IMDb+ skin thread for that. You could modify those pictures and make them work for your skin yourself, or encourage your skin developer to do so.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/skins-information-for-skin-developers.103590/

Just make sure that the filename of the rating has the same name (minus extension) as the textual rating.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Regarding the UK Cert issue, this is something that is still persistantly bugging me too. Whilst you can tell IMDB+ to grab UK details for ratings (unless the feature has been recently added) some movies do not have UK certs on the IMDB pages and so it still defaults back to US. Its only a niggly few but I like to make use of the Rating view in my MovingPictures setup and it grinds on me keep seeing a large selection of options which incompass both US and UK ratings.

Anyhow, as I was finding it tedious to keep going and editing the Movies manually I made a little updater here which will do the conversions on existing movies which may be of some help https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...en-change-certs-from-us-to-uk-ratings.106452/

Also even more certificate logos (including high quality / high res versions) here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/uk-bbfc-film-certification-images.105410/#post-840290

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    One thing I can do (forgot if I had done so already) is to not use USA rating when no UK rating is to be found. I could even build in a rough conversion to UK rating auto, but there is a high risk of bad ratings then (prude Americans).

In the end we need more IMDb movie editors that will add the UK certification to the IMDb website, but I also know there are some movies that simply did not get a UK rating.

I'm hoping this weekend to get back into IMDb+ coding some more, possibly even release a new plugin, but wife wants me to do more spring cleaning as well, so hopefully I can juggle it all :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I'd personally be happy with the rough conversion. You did tell me previously you would at it for me ;)

What about falling back to a second source / site for rating if none exists? Could that work?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I know now why most developers are a stickler for requests to be added on their issue tracker at Google Code (or elsewhere), cuz it is easy to forget a request. Of course it didn't help that I was forced into an almost 3 month break due to sickness on/off (took forever to get rid of flu/bug), and then a month to get back on track catching up on the work that fell behind (still catching up, but I can take small breathers now finally).

But if all goes well I have time this weekend and will have a looksie, no promises though, things change quick around here :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I wouldn't put yourself out, the scrapers awesome, this is only a little niggle and not many people seem to mind.

Wheres your code page, I don't mind adding to the tracker :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom