3 Quick Questions (1 Viewer)

hermy65

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
First off, this is an amazing plugin, granted i cant get it to work correctly as of yet but so far its nice.

1. It doesnt seem to be adding all of my series to MP (King of the Hill) is there a way to manually add these?

2. When I go to some of series in the plugin it shows Season #'s then I click on them and it pulls up the episodes, some it doesnt though and just has episodes.

3. I cant seem to figure out hwo to use the fanart, i extracted it to the thumbs folder but dont know where to go from there.

MP -08-24-2007 01-03h - Revision:15638
TV3 - 08-24-2007 01-24h Revision 15638
TVSeries - 1.2? (newest version availiable, dont know number, not at home)

Ynot

Portal Member
August 15, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
pick some sort of naming convention, and stick to it
far easier that way

If you're happy with using it, rename all your files so they match
<series>\<series>-<season>x<episode>-<title>.<ext>

and use
Code:
^([^\\]+)*\\(?<series>[^-]+)-(?<season>[0-9]+)x(?<episode>[0-9]+)-(?<title>[^\\]+)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

I can see you running into problems if you want to have dashes in series names, but anyhow

Ynot

Portal Member
August 15, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I personally use the directory structure to separate out things
not only is it nice when you're accessing stuff outside of MP (adding new stuff, flatmate viewing stuff on his comp via shared folders, whatever)
but it's almost infallible when you get weird series / title names

Just as an example

Code:
[TV Series] 
      |
      |____[24]
      |          |
      |          |___[Season 1]
      |          |             |
      |          |             |___01 12am-1am.avi
      |          |             |___02 1am-2am.avi
      |          |
      |          |___[Season 2]
      |          |             |
      |          |             |___01 8am-9am.avi
      |          |             |___02 9am-10am.avi
      |          |
      ...        ...

*edit*

and I use this to capture all the information into MyTVSeries
Code:
^(?<series>[^\\]+)\\Season (?<season>[0-9]+)\\(?<episode>[0-9]+)(-(?<episode2>[0-9]+))? (?<title>.+?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For those episodes that are under episode #10 , add a 0 (zero). Example "King of the Hill 7x1..." to "King of the hill 7x01...". TRy something like Bulk Rename tool, to make it quite easy ;-)
    Dirty workaround, but works....

As for your #2 : The season number is only shown, if you have more than one season. To speak with Microsoft : "This behavour is by design." ;-)

#3 : Fanart has to be in the folder .../Thumbs/FanArt. Not in a subfolder. And you have to use v1.2 and a skin which supports FanArt (SpinSafe, Revision, Replicant, PMIII - I guess that´s it". From there on, Fanarts shoulg appear....

mcbelly

DocSavage

August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This maybe a stupid question - but as I am a recent convert from Vista MCE to media portal (and loving it!). How do you get your series in the directory structure automatically. Is there some mojo for when it is recoreded?

-Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom