32/64? MP1 or MP2? Difficult decision for long time MP user...

Discussion in 'Operating System' started by 42andreas, September 15, 2017.

1. 42andreas

42andreas Portal Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

I am using mp really a long time, but when the system works fine I do not touch it. (Or my wife do not allow me to....)
    Now, after new hardware in 2012 !! and 5.5 nice working years the htps is nearly dead (mixture of hard and software-probs...).
    -> I have to fix it and set it up again (no problem after 5.5. years..)

Now I have two very difficult decisions, and even reading the last days in the internet and mostly here does not lead to an solution.

1. Old HTPC was on x86/32 bit (win 7). In 2012 that was recommendend, only possible problems with x64. What should I do now in 2017? I decided for win 10 (should run again 5 years..). But x86/32bit or x64??? What is recommended now?
    (Hardware is iunchainged beside new power supply and ssd, core i3-2105, Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 (Intel H97), Digital Devices Cine S2...see my hardwrae profile)

2. MP1 or MP2? That's really the question.
    MP1: Many infos/experience, many plugins, imho stable
    MP2: maybe more future proof (5+ years..), nice feature to have even videos and music on the server, amazon prime support would be nice, too.
    Up to now I have a one seat installation, in future, my daughter gets older, there will be an additional client. But that works with MP1 and MP2, maybe MP1 only does not support music/video..
    -> I really do not know....

Any advice would be nice....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,384 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
  4. 42andreas

42andreas Portal Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Sorry, but for me that is no real double posting.
    One is written in German and located in the germans subforum and one is here in English for not Germans.
    I do not think, that all Germans handle English quite well (maybe me included) and definetly not all "Not-German" understand German.....

• Agree Agree x 4

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!