3d Files in External Player (1 Viewer)

mhandscomb1

Portal Member
September 20, 2011
Sorry this if this is in the wrong area of the forum but i'm hoping that someone could help me with setting up my mediaportal.

I've got my new mediaportal nearly set up now and everything is working fine apart from 3d files.

Now i know that Mediaportal can't play 3d files (yet) so I back my 3d BluRays as MKV's (via MakeMKV) and play them using Steroscopic player. This means that the file doesn't lose any data coming from disc and it also means that other non 3d htpc can play them fine.

The problem i'm having is getting mediaportal to open them in the external player. So far I've only been able to open all MKV in steroscopic player which i don't want. I just want it to play specific files using it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Andreas26

Portal Pro
February 9, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
hey mhandscomb1

i was struggling with nearly the same Problem. i am using blu ray isos that mp cant handle nativly. in earlier times i used the myemulator plugin to mount the isos to a virtual drive and then launched them with the blu ray plugin. total media theatre as Player....

with mp 1.4 the blu ray launcher wasnt supported anymore ( at least when 1.4 was released).

since i am able to code some small .net applications i found a way to go even more comfortable. are u able to Programm a Little .net?

if not here is one possibility u can try ( dont know if ist working since i dont use vlc Player.

1. u can use my Emulator to Show u all the 3d mkvs ín a Folder. if vlc can handle commandline arguments to the files it should be pretty easy to Launch the mkvs. mp will be minimized until vlc gets closed. ( eventghost is a good application to Close the running application by any remote key...."like esc" )
after vlc is closed mp will return to full Screen.

for me i had to go a Little further since i am using .iso files

maybe this will help others too ( but u need to be able to write a Little .net application )

i am using alcohol to mout the files. so i set up myemulators to Show all .iso files i want to Play in total media theatre.
first u create a Windows form thats invisible. that will be the application myemulator has to Launch. this application gets the .iso filename from myemulator arguments. then it starts a Shell command for alcohol 120 with the filename in Argument Options. result alcohol 120 will mount the .iso to a drive. next is u run a Shell command to start ur Video application like vlc or media theatre. it has to be set to Play from a Default drive ( the one u mounted the iso to). dont Close ur application after ur Player started cause myemulators is waiting for it to Close. with media theatre i am even able to use my mce remote.
i am also using evenghost here to Close both applications ( running a Batch file with pskill ) on esc key. result is u can start .isos with only one remote click.

i dont know if my Explanation was very fine since i am not used to write in technical english and its a lot of stuff for someone whos not used to do Workarounds.......but maybe it helps u a Little.

greez Andreas

oops just saw ur using stereoscopic Player....not vlc......should be working though. but i think if u have enough disc space........create .iso files

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom