3D SBS TV auto switch? (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SBS is not my preferred method of viewing 3D but I do have 3 .mkv rips in this format. Very much to my surprise when I recently played one (via Moving Pictures /MP1 ), my Philips TV automatically switched, after about 2 seconds, to the correct 3D mode. I tried both of the other SBS .mkvs but neither caused the TV to go into 3D mode automatically. I then went back to the first one and it still switched and consistently does so, to 3D mode. I am using the internal MP video player and to the best of my knowledge all the rips were done using the same format with DVDfab ver. 9
    Does anyone know if the MP video player has any ability to detect and switch my TV to 3D mode and why is it working for just one of the rips?o_O
    Please note I am aware of the Auto3D plugin but I am not using it

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have researched this issue further as follows and if anyone is able to add anything else I would really welcome that.
    First off I found very little about the subject and nothing new. There have been some suggestions that the file header of the MKV needs to be set to "Stereo mode 1" for SBS and/or the encoding setting for "Frame Packing needs to be set to 3. Setting the Stereo mode in the MKV header to 1 can be set using the header editor in MKVMerge but the one .mkv that does switch my TV to 3D mode was not set this way and changing it to 1 and on others, that did not work, made no difference, one always switched the others do not. Nothing I found indicated how to set the frame packing to 3 but I did find that the BD3D2MKV utility available from the Doom9 forum specifically stated that it did just that. I tried it but the SBS .mkv it produced also failed to switch my TV to 3D mode.o_O

So still no explaination for this behaviour:confused:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Attachments

• notworking.txt
      2.8 KB
    • test3dbd2mkv.txt
      7.8 KB
    • working.txt
      8.2 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Quick look but i'm not the best for it maybe it's related to video res but not sure :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom