[TV] 4994: Automatically Change Channel on Program Reminder (1 Viewer)

vapourEyes

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Summary:
Setting a reminder in the Program Guide automatically changes channel - choice defaulted to 'Yes'.

Area:
Tv and Radio Program Guide

Description:
At present:
MediaPortal enables the user to set a reminder for a program. It will alert the user when the time comes.
It then places a reminder on the screen, defaulted to 'No'. You have to manually switch to 'Yes', then select to change the channel.

With the new code, written and tested with MediaPortal 1.10.0, I have changed this behaviour.
It now Alerts the user that it will change channel, with the same notification. The default option is set to 'Yes'. It alerts a minute before the program is due to start and then switches 30 seconds before.
If MediaPortal was paused at the time of the channel switch, the code switches Channel and then Pauses MediaPortal again.

If an internet feed is playing, the notification happens, but the switch to the new channel does not.

This improvement means the user never misses a program. So long as they reach their Tv before the total buffer time, they can simply rewind and watch all their Reminded programs.

MediaPortal basically tracks the Reminders in the Tv Guide, switching automatically as it goes.

I have the code tested on MP 1.10.0.

If anyone finds this useful I can post the code for the developers.

This feature is working out very well here so far.

Thank you.

Last edited:

vapourEyes

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Home Country
I may be able to manage a GIT pull request. I'm still using SVN a lot here.
I can pastebin the code for now if you like ? Then try with a git pull ?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @vapourEyes ,

Changing the functionality by 180° seems to be what you like. However, I trust that there are others who would still prefer the current functionality.

Ideally this would be configurable, yet a change in GUI would be required to add a selection to the screen. Not sure if you made changes in this section, but adding this would certainly provide an interesting enrichment of MP's functionalities that could be added to the internal builds for testing purposes.

vapourEyes

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2013
    Home Country
    Hi HTPCSourcer,

Totally agreed with you. The setting should be configurable in the UI ideally.
    Thats a bit beyond me at this stage, so I have not made changes there.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Alright, why don't you just describe your code and bin changes here? Maybe one of our devs will pick it up and add a configuration tick box in the UI.

@regeszter , @Sebastiii , something you could take a look at?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This appears more like an ideology now. Anyway, I am not using either or.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom