4K display error - blurry green + zoomed in UI and player (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Alright that green zoom issue is fixed.
    All I did is switch the UHD mode in the TV settings:
    Settings > General Settings > HDMI Ultra HD > HDMI X > UHD 4:4:4/4:2:2
    It was set to "UHD 4:2:0" and I switched it to "UHD 4:4:4/4:2:2".

Then I had to adjust the resolution back to 4K from the Nvidia Control Panel.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    A long long time ago, we had those green screens showing up when skipping chapters on Blu-ray movies (while testing BDJ). Those were caused by the LAV Video settings being set to DXVA2 (native). Setting CopyBack fixed it at that time.
    Not sure if it's applicable to this problem, but wanted to add the info ;)

bcdudley

Portal Member
    January 29, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am getting the same issue at my StreamedMP home screen. It has the same green distorted image. I have been having this issue ever since I upgraded to a 4k tv with a Nvidia GTX960. This has been through 2 computers and numerous OS reloads. With that, it does not appear to be a driver config issue.
    What I have found is that after a reboot, the home screen will always come up green. If I close it out and go change the slider in Display Settings to anything besides what it booted with, it fixes the issue. I have tried booting at 100%, where StreamedMP likes it to be all the way up to 300% and get the same results.

I did check for the UHD4:4:4 setting, however i could not find it on my LG TV. Has anyone else found a resolution to this issue that has not been listed here? I would appreciate any updates.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did check for the UHD4:4:4 setting, however i could not find it on my LG TV. Has anyone else found a resolution to this issue that has not been listed here? I would appreciate any updates.

What's your graphics card?
    What's the model of your LG TV?

In the comments on this page someone mentions a setting called "HDMI UHD Deep Colour" for LG TV.
    The setting I mentioned above really fixed this issue for me on my Philips TV.
    However I'm pretty sure this could be fixed in MP1 as well. Did you try MP2 to see if it has the same issue?

Last edited:

bcdudley

Portal Member
    January 29, 2012
    Home Country
    So I have been playing around with this for a week or so now when I have time. I checked out the Deep colour and tried that with no success. The picture does look better when it is on so I will leave it that way.

The grapohics card is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 960
    The TV is a LG 60UF7300

Something else I noticed is that if I click the start button or an app pops up (Mediaportal is no longer in in the foreground), it goes back to looking normal. As soon as the app or start menu goes away, it goes back to green.

I have not tried MP2 yet. I was holding off until there are more plugins for it, mainly StreamedMP, Moving Pictures, MP-TV and all the plugins those require.

I included a picture of what the tv looks like in it's "skewed" mode.

Attachments

• 20160714_202048.jpg
      20160714_202048.jpg
      1.4 MB

bcdudley

Portal Member
    January 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Quick update, It seems I was able to get this fixed by changing my refresh rate to 30hz instead of 60 in the Nvidia control panel.

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Changing refresh rate to 30 hz isn't really fixing the issue... Kodi works fine, Mediaportal = green screen.

When refresh rate is set to 60 hz mediaportal freaks out. All my games work great and even kodi is fine. Ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ap90033 Which GPU do you have? What's the model of your TV? Which Windows version?

It seems to be due to the way MP1 sets up its DX surface.
    It could also be a graphics driver issue.
    It's apparently only happening when MP goes in exclusive full screen mode and TV is setup in UHD 4:2:0.
    Assuming you have an NVidia card go into the control panel and try various "Output color format" and see if that helps.
    First try using 4:2:0 color format and see what you get.
    You should then be able to set your frame rate back to 60 Hz.
    It could also be due to your HDMI cable.
    You really need good quality HDMI cable to do 4K at 60 Hz with full RGB.
    I've bought some supposedly 4K HDMI cable which I have had to return because they could not take that kind of bandwidth.

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Windows 10 64bit
    Vizio 65 inch
    I set it 4:2:0 and it works! Thanks.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Glad you got it working. Interestingly this is again an NVidia card.
    Now if somehow your TV can support UHD 4:4:4 by changing some settings, which was the case on mine, you should be able to switch back to full RGB.
    It sounds like that this issue happens when sending full RGB signal to TV panel expecting 4:2:0.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom